Specialized 40th anniversary Allez - 74 available

I know some people will poo poo this from Specialized but I love it… And want one…

In collaboration with Mark DiNucci, one of their original frame builders, Specialized has produced a one time run of 74 frames, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to World Bicycle Relief (WBR).

How much people think they will sell for!!?

AU $6.5k my prediction. Those wheels look poobag, otherwise would ride. (Would sell Shimano & add #passion of course)

Put 80th anniversary campag on there

Very cool !!

popped up on my IG as well

im a fan, very FOA-isque

where is sime.

i like these btw

Let’s sue them for nicking ideas from the retro roadies with brifters thread.

Would ride

The auction is just for the frame, right?

I’ll say they’ll average US$5k - bumped up a bit for the charity element.

I was under the impression DiNucci would be building these… But they are being built by Toyo in Japan

Even me, a big time Spesh poo pooer thinks this is pretty neat.

BTW what are they calling the 1x11 version of this? The Brunch Race perhaps :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve changed

This is awesome and the idea behind it is awesome too and having grown up with Specialized makes it super awesome. Never understood the hate and never will.

You don’t understand that people hate their overly litigious methods of doing business? Bikes and whatever aside, they’re pretty shitty people.

^yep. this.

I understand the hate, and pretty much agree with the hate - however the 2 bikes I own now are both from the Big S, so I must seem somewhat hypocritical. But those roadies are nice. I think (or maybe would like to think) the Spec have seen the error of their ways as a result of recent fucktardery and now will develop a more live & let live style of policy (but I doubt it).

I"ll not start a discussion here but people make mistakes and pay for it. We all do. Judging the whole company by a few wrong decisions is just not right.

ha, a few wrong decisions…

Velocipede has a good thread on this, with content from the actual builder:

40th annum Allez