Spokes too thick

next thread by azz in the help section ‘does anyone know how to pin a collarbone i dont really want to pay a professional to do it properly’

I wish this forum had a “like” button…

In all seriousness, it gets really hard to give advice to you guys sometimes. A couple of months ago, everyone was complaining that the amount of help given on this forum wasn’t enough, and that more people should contribute. When people actually DO start giving helpful advice, they then get met with responses from the OP essentially saying “now that you’ve taken the time to answer my question, can you tell me where to get the answer I’m really looking for?”, and other forum members talking about my “over quak engineering bullshit”. Get your shit together, you can’t have it both ways; either ask your questions elsewhere, or respect the advice you’re given here.

If you want to go to your LBS for advice, that’s fine. But if you want to ask advice on fixed.org (which contains a multitude of bike mechanics, painters, engineers, architects, racers, and anyone else that could possibly give you great advice, including, but not limited to rad dudes like Blakey, NikCee, nexus etc), and expect intelligible responses, don’t throw it back in our faces. Don’t forget, free advice shouldn’t be expected, it’s given out by people who give a shit.

Azz, this isn’t an attack on you, just something I’m noticing from a few guys recently…

Quoted for truth.

You’re spot on wheelworks…

Supermanlegs, the second post by the JAMS was taking this piss. You’re suggesting that Azz drills Suntour Superbe hubs. Your reponse doesn’t require a challenge.

I’m a nurse with 20 years ICU experience. I always pin my own collarbones.
BTW I fixed the problem with a fine jewelry rat tail file.
Wheelworks: you were the only one giving me your advice, I was after a concensus. I did appreciate it though.

i know you already filed, but what about using copper washers to make it sit flush? Pretty sure thats what it says in the wheel building books. However it will mean you need to use slightly longer spokes.

Can someone tell me why this website doesn’t work on my computer anymore? Reply with quote is fucked and everying else takes about 5 minutes.

Apologies for being a DICK with my last post.

Need to post my replies showing more respect for other’s opinions. Sometimes I can be a grumpy old bastard with quick fingers.

I filed all the holes nice and round and I could get the spokes to all seat properly but it was such a tight fit when I went to lace the third lot of spokes I couldn’t rotate the hub (hope you know what I mean by this bit).
So I’ve also ordered the same spoke lengths in a 15 gauge.
Thanks

They arrived but they were 14 gauge and not the 15 gauge I had ordered.