SSONNNNIIIICCC BOOOMMMM roadie

Blackburn Stainless ones are ok, cheaper than King, often ~12 online.

Edit: read post about local king cages for $25, cheaper than I thought.

Hey guys. New to the site but couldn’t help but gawk at your Sonic Boom. I have one too which was originally blue, with darker purpleblue forks, kind of where you have the red. It came with Gipiemme XR28 wheels, 6500 Ultegra hubs and a Gipiemme Sintra saddle. I had it powdercoated a baby blue metallic and up-dated a few parts that were worn, but kept the Ultegra as far as possible. Added blue cables, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and away we go.
Before anyone says anything I am trying to get pictures organised.

hey kelme, cheers for the post! I know the paint you’re referring to, have only seen examples on eBay though. lookin forward to some pics.

any idea of where yours came from etc, seems there’s very little info on these and I’ve only heard of 5-6 of them around.

Hey Rolly
Don’t know if you are familiar with Adelaide, but the bike was new from Claude at Mega Bike. I’m now sorry I didn’t photograph it before and after.
It might be for sale, to the right person.
It has the Ritchey drop-outs and OEM fork, which I sanded back (ouch) and had clear coated.

never been to adelaide, so doesn’t mean much unfortunately. wonder if claude knows their history?

i’m more curious about where it came from originally. seems they weren’t a mass produced roadie etc, kinda keen to find out if they were built for a team or anything (doubt it, but maaaaaaybe)…

Hi there Rolly. Have been messing with the GipM and my partners camera. Gave it a wipe over and…:slight_smile:

kelme_01’s Library | Photobucket

Sent an enquiry to Gipiemme’s website, but not heard back. When you read their English version, you might get some idea of why my enquiry might get lost in translation.

:confused:

Or even the greater metro area of Adelaide. Gipiemme Sonic Boom | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Marion Area - Sturt

upgrading kelme?

Maybe. Put it out there and see. Had a guy text me to see if he could buy the frame only for under $300. Told him he was dreaming. Wouldn’t mind a Gios and putting decent campy on it. Also got a couple of Europa’s that need attention and a Gitane that I wouldn’t mind doing a single speed conversion on. No funds atm.

incorrect. the correct answer was “you cannot get any better than a SOONNNIIIIIIICCCCC BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM”

thanks for playing.

maaaan, I have had waaaaay too much caffeine this afternoon.

Does it do rad wheelies?

of course.

not if I’m riding it though.

Just had a couple of home-made coffee truffles to go with my coffee (thanks g-f and her sister)

That Sonic doesn’t look too bad. Underneath the baby blue paint/ powdercoat lies a weapon of stealth and speed

Kelme, couldn’t help noticing in your pictures of said SONNNIIIIC BOOOOOM, that there appears to be black electrical tape keeping a close bond between your rear stay and the rear wheels qr lever?? WTF?

Aaah a keen eye there Ev. The front qr has a pronounced rattle, so I usually tape it to the fork. There seems to be some play in the closing mechanism and I can’t work it out. Wheel is secure but it moves and rattles that couple of mm

Oh how I lol’d!

Spotted this on LFGSS this morning… http://www.lfgss.com/conversations/263688/

hmmmm, interesting. seems that one was made by Sonic Cycles in the UK, but nothing on their website suggests they made mine…

visp track fork…awesome

I saw one of these (like brolly’s not the LFGSS one) locked up outside the Napier hotel the other day. Didn’t look like yours brolly, at least it didn’t have C24 or whatever wheels if you’re still running them on that bike.