The Cargo Bike thread

^ Nah, but I’ll have an X-Trail. And to be honest, I reckon I could get my wife riding more if we could load up our bikes and head out of town - think she’s lost her confidence riding in the city. Can’t fit any bikes in the Jazz with two kids seats.

But yeah, cargo bikes, how good are they?

Roof bars dude.

Another option is the Douze with the mid mount motor.

Changing IGH gear on the spot is rad. Bike Vs Bike seat is tough, but, I was doing school runs on it with bags and stuff, I’ve done nights at mates places and took chairs/ Esky/ Rugs/ Mates + bottle’o runs so peeps don’t drive* and such so pretty versatile. I find all sorts of excuses to use it… 50L of paint from Bunnings was a good one, solid base and sides came in handy on that one.

This is all good and well but if I’m honest I don’t get to use it thaaaaaaaaaaaaat much :frowning: However, I recon I’ll get another good 3 years of occasional use before my youngest grows out of it. We would have had some good times we otherwise probs wouldn’t have had. Not cargo bike specific but we’ve had real good chats about traffic, cars, pollution, environment and I think Finn has got a real hands on experience/ appreciation for the difference riding a bike can make. Plus because it’s legit tough it’ll still be in great shape after owning for 5 years and don’t think it would be out of the question to think I’ll get at least 2K for it when it’s time to sell.

*please lets not start a drink riding debate

reckon those 3 would fit easy in a Bullit.

DIBS.

let me know when.

Hot new trend: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/princess-mary-pushes-her-nanny-around-copenhagen-in-a-tiny-cart/story-fnisprwn-1227432586279

It’d be a really easy sell at our place. My partner uses her BOB trailer 3+ times a week and often loads to a decent capacity (volume, rather than weight - though she will put >25kgs on it a bit). we are big fans of local bulk shopping/CERES/bunnings runs bu bike and anything that slows me down while riding would be seen as beneficial.

I’d say cargo bike would provide more stability/smoother ride than the bob (she transports ceramics to/from firing so this is a concern).

However the bob was $250 at the time… plus our current place would make overnight parking a challenge.

i definitely see one in our future.

Does this mean another announcement in the kids thread?

//youtu.be/kRzkC7_o9WE

Cargo bike halfway though. Probably costs more than a BOB.

Are you using ratchet straps here instead of the weird tube setup it comes with?

Yerp. They don’t come with tubes, it’s usually the shops that put them on. I used tie down straps from bunnings so the platform would be more rigid.

Good to know.

negative…

just that i can see the BOB outliving its usefulness and this being a popular replacement.

//youtu.be/166LrP3vS3w

This thread aka the dad thread

Pete in fully fledged nesting stage. Goooooo boy!