the optimist's thread.

This thread is only for the ridiculously overpriced.

Paconi Track Fixie Campagnolo Cinelli Gipiemme Vintage Bike 700C Clincher | eBay

To be fair this has some nice stuff on it and Iā€™ve seen some far greater ā€œtell 'im heā€™s dreaminā€ auction examples. Not saying heā€™s overly realistic but I reckon you can always go down in price (and maybe off eBay) if you start off too high.

How about this?

Pinarello Montello, Columbus SLX, 1985-6 vintage w dura ace 7400 | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Stonnington Area - South Yarra

I concur the thing is pretty f%&kin mint in the photos.
Great thread idea though

I maintain that no one is going to be paying $2600 for it in this climate.

I concur with Erle on that Paconi. Iā€™m confident in saying if it was listed at half the BIN price, still wouldnā€™t see a bid. And although there might be some nice stuf on it, itā€™s a bit of an eyesore IMO.

front wheel is on backwards. would not buy.

Alloy Track Bike With Teny Rims | eBay

Just under $900 for this?

Columbus SLX Classic Retro Road Bike 58cm | eBay

I canā€™t believe there is a whole shop dedicated to this rubbish.

This takes the cake for me, at least the paconi has got quality if not highly desired parts albeit miss matched to FOAā€™s taste.

The Paconi is a lovely resto done with a fair bit of detail and patience, but this machine is a joke for the asking price.
the thread OP in a link right there

Not even wheels? Iā€™d have seen that in this thread at even half that price with wheels, holy cow.

And that Kerry Hopkins, BIN for $2000, as above its a nice collection if parts but $2000 is a lot.

Vban Full carbon custom fixed wheel | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Port Phillip - South Melbourne

Not that piece of shit again
http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f15/custom-vban-fixie-28430/

^ I didnā€™t think Iā€™d be the first to discover thatā€¦

yeah but the other thread is in appreciation of itā€¦

Agreed, and the ā€˜no wheelsā€™ bit at the end just takes the cake. haha

Keep an eye out for it in the ā€œon crackā€ thread.

Malvern Star 1980ā€™s IMPACT Racer | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Tea Tree Gully Area - Golden Grove

About $800 over priced.