The perth thread

True story: I have relatives that live in a town south of Perth called Denmark. Does that make them Danish?

someone had to say it

yep.

also people always talk about surfing at margaret river, but margs is like 8kms from the beach.

My in-laws live in Perth.

Reminds me of when Dave Chapelle played a blind white supremacist.

I like the thread Idea, I have so many questions. Like what was there before the big bang?

Perth.

A big ball of matter.

sorry, the rest of us have moved on.

chicken or the egg?

perth.

lisa mccune is from perth.

Us Perthinians should do a reddit syle AMA. We can prove we are authentic by our gear inches.

So the river just stops 8kms from the ocean and goes “fuck it, I’m done”?

how can there be western suburbs of perth, isn’t that the ocean??

^ along the coast, same as eastern suburbs on the east coast dude

i went to UWA in perth for a semester. i’m pretty sure i didn’t ever wear shoes to class.

Actually no, Margaret River ends up in the Indian Ocean and the rivermouth is actually a pretty sweet break so technically people do surf at Margaret River.

Interestingly 80% of ‘Margaret River’ wines are actually produced in the adjoining ‘City of Busselton’ but the latter doesnt have the same wank factor as Margaret River

i mean the town called margaret river. the river called margaret definitely goes all the way to the sea.

Yup - thats where the story of the little mermaid came from.

well there you go. my parents live in busso. what a shit hole. tho it has the longest jetty in the world (subject to a bunch of qualifiers that make the stat even more boring)