The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Nah but I get the vibe.

i think it was either you or tom who told me scooter made it up bowden spur single speed, i was sceptical that that was even possible. rode down bald spur and beale on saturday as well, pretty chains would be broken trying to climb them.

My partner rode no-handed for the first time today and it was ace.

no hands is the best thing I ever learnt.

Lunch rides. Bit of singletrack, bit of beach, whole lot of blue.

Wish you were here… by king of fishes, on Flickr

have only recently acquired this, after decades of not. there’s a stretch on my commute where I can go a couple of kay no hands and (and frequently do). especially with a nice taillie.

Love/hate watching muppets ride no handed down Brunswick st with their headphones in right in the door zone. See ya mates.

I rode home last night no handed whilst eating a Maxibon, felt good man.

but fixie you can slow down with your legs.

Almost as good as doing it with a FUIC.

zen like connection with the road.

only acheived with a Maxibon, or GoldenGaytime.

did it shitfaced with a huxtaburger once, down Brunswick st outta the door zone.

comeatmejames.

CC - I used to ride down royal pde from princes hill to the QVM on a Sunday, often no hands. tried to go the whole way down royal pde no hands once & got buzzed by undercover cops. fkn pricks scared the shit outta me & told me to put my hands on the bars.

My mum has come to stay with me for a week. The other day I came home to find freshly washed and ironed jocks and shirts.

She made me do my own washing and ironing as soon as i went to high school as attempt to get me ready for the real world. Needles to say my jocks have not been ironed or folded for 21 years. Put a smile on my face and took me back to when I was 12.

The first three Wipers records.

hehehehe you never know who’s watching. I just hope I don’t ever get sprung by any of the local kids I’ve taken for Grade 5 bike ed.

Riding no-hands on the rollers for the first time. Also managed to ride one-footed too. Attempted no hands and one-foot and promptly ate shit.

Resigned from my job yesterday, feels good. Although they have told me not to come in after tomorrow- wow okay, 2 week holiday??

I’ve got no hands and one foot down pat. Either foot too. And can clip back in. Keep at it!

Cool man. Exciting. Hope it works out.