The Snow Thread

Bulgaria, or Slovakia are good choices if you’ve got no cash but want good snow.

Never been to Europe for the snow… but I found this:

7 Unconventional Budget Ski Destinations in Europe | Wild Junket

i have a mate that went boarding in Andorra. he referred to it after the trip as Mandorra. not recommended if you are an eligible young bachelor looking to find yourself a ski bunny…

Ski trips are always a case of BYOG (bring your own girl) anyway from my experience in Australia and NZ. It is always a sausage fest on the slopes.

this applies to almost every mountain town i’ve been to across the globe… so to does the existence of ‘tundra wookies’ which are to be wary of.

having said that it doesnt mean they arent out there, its just they dont really want to hang out with broke, smelly dudes who sleep under pool tables/in closets and work for minimum wage in order to spend any spare time sliding down rails/mountains that much. cant blame them can you?

like cycling, ive met some awesome ladies who can hang on the bike/board without having to descend to the lowest common denominator of the group.

YES!!!

Toilets in Japan fitted with urine-controlled games | News.com.au

please see here:

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t15504/#post298791

thanks yo

The boots won’t fit in your normal luggage? Just wrap them in a pillow case or some shit?

i’m only taking a 90L pack with me & a small backpack. no chance of them fitting into either along with all my gear/clothes for 2 weeks. i’ve still got the boot box and thought about wrapping them inside that with heaps of tape and my name/destination etc, but my transfer window in LAX is really tight and don’t want customs deciding they wanna cut it all open to see what my boots look like etc.

i have a board bag at home, but i’m not taking the board as it’s not mine. again, trying to keep the transfer window as hassle free as possible and thought leaving the board bag at home would maybe make things a little easier.

How about not buying the board bag overseas and keeping the one you have and just chucking a bunch of stuff in there? You save some cash overseas, and then sort that dilemma out. Pack the boots in, then fold the board bag in half? I dunno, just thinking out loud here.

At the end of the day, you are still going to have your 90L pack plus another bag. So just use the board bag. Dowit Dowit, Bacardi n cola, dowit.

yeah this will probably be my fallback if nothing comes through, just thought it was worth a shot.

was also looking at this as (http://discountsnowboards.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=Burton_BoardSack_Bag) it’s close to work and only $40. awaiting an email telling me when it’d be available to pick up and if it would carry boots as well as a board.

thanks for your help ezylee

Yup, I got my wife that board bag (in zebra though). It is just a bag, no padding. But I fit her board in with boots on the nose/tail side of the bindings.

Having said that, I wouldn’t feel comfortable using that bag to protect your board on an international flight. Good if you are traveling to the local hills but yeah, you need some padding.

ah, good to know! thanks mate, i’ll bail on that idea.

plan is now to use the board bag i have unless someone can lend me a boots bag.

sweet

Hey Japan people. Best way to get money out is…?

I have read that Japan + modern banking don’t mix and ATM’s aren’t that common. CASH CASH CASH!

True or False.

My source here. Just want to know recent trippers experiences.

I have never seen snow, true fact.

pm’d for embarassing hilarity!

ZOmg rolly you have to post that video here for everyone, they deserve it.

i’m not sure i’m ready…

I am ready, are we thinking about ME n this situation?

Protip: that line shouldn’t be used on 16 y.o. girls.
Always be respectful of the fairer gender.

NZ this year hopefully. Getting fairly excited!