The video game thread

i have a Wii and enjoy resort and the cycling portion is fun

has anyone played halo ODST? is it any good? i am considering buying it.

Iā€™m still stuck with Zelda: Ocarina of Time until I have the funds available for a PS3, Zeldaā€™s pretty sweet but GT5 looks amazing .

7 days until MW2 comes out, nothing else in the world of gaming matters. Who else here is anticipating this momentous occasion?

Such is life, my PS3 yellowlighted the other week. Sadly the need to upgrade my bikes outweighs my need for a new PS3.

Yup, I got a day off for itā€¦ well, i kind of already had the day off for it anyway. Pot luck the release date landed the same day. Not sure if I should bother pre ordering or not though.

Lucky thing! I wouldnā€™t bother pre ordering it, I have never had any trouble getting a game the day it comes out. Unless there is a shop offering a pre order bonus its just a waste of time I think.

There are a few shops staying open till midnight for it. FAAAARK THAT. Too keen.

I would have been one of those people getting it at the midnight release!

Whats not to love about getting the game almost a day earlier?

my xbox red ringed itself. they really are kind of shit

nothing wrong with being stuck with the greatest game of all time. hands down.
i think they have the top gear track on GT5, id like to give it a go - see hwo i perform against the stig

you mean GT FOREVER :smiley: as thats how long till its out :wink:

If you call them up Microsoft have an extended warranty (2 Years I think) on the red ring of death and will fix it fairly quickly once you send it back to them. Happened to me earlier in the year. Agree that it sucks balls though.

Steam has daily super-discounts for the next few days (already a couple of days in to the 5-day black friday thing). I picked up Far Cry 2 for $10 which Iā€™m kinda pleased with because, so far, itā€™s pretty entertaining.

Definitely a top game, but it is physically painful watching it on a 42inch screen. Thereā€™s a rumour that they could be remaking it for wii though which would be fairly awesome.

And speaking of top gear, I canā€™t believe channel 9 has bought the rights, even if they have no say in its production Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll find some way to stuff it up.

I beg to differ, it will probably be dummed down for the typical ā€œwiiā€ user

but we can still HOPE that if they do remake it, they do it justiceā€¦

been hitting modern warfare 2 alot lately. so much fun in multiplayer and the campaign aint to shabby. anyone else playing this?

got my friends ds

playing professor layton and the diabolical box

so good

I see your point, come to think of it most things that are remade end up worse than the original (celine dionā€™s cover of you shook me all night long anyone?), maby they should just leave us with the memories.