The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

fitted grifo’s in preparation for the Qld Cx over nighter

Fitted Grifo’s to Campy wheel set in preparation for the Qld CX overnighter

unwrapped it. needs new decals and a cut & polish.

Yeah S Works sl3

To quote OratioHHHHHHH: “PHWARGHHHHHHH!!!”

I have Van Tuyl built/branded frame with the same (somec panto’d) lugs and MS tubes, same internal cable routing on the top tube as well. Does yours have a tulip shaped cut out on the top of the the HT/TT lug and a pump peg?

Multishape somec, holy shit.

fd on my 585. record mech on mirage clamp, #becausetightarse.
chain and bartape to go. should only take me a couple of weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

yes it does, post a picture of yours!

FAAARRRRRKKKKKKK, paint looks sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have a heap of photos, mostly cos the paint is in terrible shape
Cut out / pump peg is exactly the same so maybe mine is actually SOMEC built :smiley:

More here

Van Tuyl Slideshow by DaFROGtypeX | Photobucket

nice. the close ups look pretty similar. very very similar.
whats the serial #, cant quite make it out. mines L317 and its from '91 apparently.

Not my bike, but I did build up a lady-friend’s new Colossi Time Machine - Gypsy should recognise this frame!

Frame: custom Colossi Time Machine with Leader full carbon fork
Cockpit: 3T Arx Team stem/3T ergonova Pro bars wrapped in fizik leathery looking tape
Drive: Dura Ace 7710 cranks + octalink BB/Dura Ace 48T Chainring/Sugino 18T/Izumi chain
Wheels: Phil Woods laced to H+Son Archetypes
Seating: 3T Palladio Team/Fizik Arione CX

Took way too long to build since I wanted to be meticulous - she’s dropped too much cash on this to be careless.

Holy sheeeet. I knew about the frame but that parts list is ridiculous. Such a step up form what she was on before!

Yeah it’s a pretty baller parts list - had a quick test outside my apartment to make sure everything was sweet. Such a stiff frame, much responsive, wow! Not the lightest whip out there, but like you said, it’s such an improvement over the cell fixay.

Wow. That turned out sweet! I wasn’t sure what she was putting on it, crazy parts list.

Yeah, wows. She’s putting me to shame. What’s the final weight? How big is her smile?

Haven’t weighed it yet - finished the build around 11:30 last night so I was more focused on cleaning up and dropping her home than weighing it. It was pretty big - think her whole face will light up when she goes for her first ride on it!

grams/smile-inches

as promised, put together a bike with “comfort over looks” concept in mind today.
the saddle setup is ugly as hell, but… trust me, it’s really comfortable to ride with. :wink:

full bike check to come later (along with the other 2 bikes, they are coming, i promise!)

After 30 years (ouch!) I’ve re-discovered my old hobby - this is last weekend’s start of a new project

holy shit thats insane! how big is that chainring :cool: