Time Trial idea

i’ll post a route thing soon - i’ll track it with my GPS.
it’s basically a relatively steady incline at the start with a few false summits for a bit over 1km and then a quick drop over another k, then flat for the last k or so…and then all that reversed.

Bicycle Path - Western Freeway bikeway at Bikely.com

in the route above it starts at 5.4 and turnsaround at 9.2.
so by those calculations the time trial would be over 3.8 x 2 = 7.6kms

Thanks very much that helps me out a lot

Cheers
Tom

some tips:

1. unlike the TDF…drafting will be allowed! at only 20 seconds apart…you won’t be on yr own for the entire course
  2. so if someone faster overtakes you try and suck their wheel, rest up and attack at the end
  3. teaming up is ok too - so if you find yourself in a group and wanna take equal shares at the front - you can do a sprint at the end
  4. try and find a zone which you can sustain - or build up to something - rather than go nuts at the beginning and have nothing left for the finish

but I dont want to turn around at the end… Im like 60m from home then!

comon - it’s only 7k’s!!! that’s a sprint

… if you’re resiled to being a little bitch

I will be in Bris for holidays when this is on, I might have to bring a bike up for it. Rad idea man.

shirts: just giving some tips to give you some semblance of competition!
and i know YOU can sprint for 7ks - but I know I can’t.

anyone who doesn’t want to ride (or can’t) - still welcome at the after party. awsm
plus i need at least two peeps to help with times and the turnaround checkpoint

the pursuit bike would’ve been soooo perfect for this… sigh

only 7kms…? thats like last lap sprint …not a TT

but still a dam fine idea

out of curiosity - who reckens they can crack 10mins and by how much?

jesus. i did it the other day at a “brisk” pace after doing a backside and a frontside of coot-tha in ~13 mins.
there’s no way I am cracking the 10

7k’s at an av of 40 equates out to mid tens. While the turnaround will murder your average - for the rest of the time on this course it’s easy to keep the wick well and trully turned up

bump!
some of my lady friends (not really bike riders) have volunteered (cajoled) to help officiate.
plus my gf is gonna do some baking. vegan options as well!
so plenty of food.
plenty of beer too!

And Egg Nog?

Did a quick test spin the other day- About 4:30ish going towards moggill rd, not going too hard. It would be possible to crack 10 mins just coming back up the bump will be on the redline!

well done dec! game on!!!

2 more sleeps!

at this stage, party still ON, the TT might get washed out. boo.
i’ll make a call around 2pm. in any case the after party is still on so text me on 0401 049 156 fr address!