Tommassini

There’s plenty. Dazza has lugsets for 1 1/8" (Slant 6), as does e-Richie (Sax Max), the Traitor Luggernaut is a 1 1/8" lugged production frameset

Mongoose Maurice is on the market now, Hybrids & MTBs produced in the 7speed era took 1 1/8" quill stems.

haha mongoose maurice’s are pretty good at being different to everything else though aren’t they!!

Taken onboard, with conditions.
Now I have seen one. I’ll accept Slant 6, nice find. Though I don’t accept “plenty”. If you ever feel you have too many Llewellyn’s, let me know!! Has a frame been made with Sax Max lugs (and 1 1/8" fork crown) yet?

Hybrids and MTBs… any track threaded 1 1/8? Even an I-talian threaded 1 1/8?

Sorry i didn’t read that before i posted! I typed the wrong words without even noticing :stuck_out_tongue:

What i meant was… Most of the steel italian lugged stuff that is getting reproduced i.e Colnago ‘saronni red’ re-issue etc are all still 1".

That’s what I thought… I was being difficult and Blakey made me pay for it. :slight_smile:

and thats why we love him.

Wait… the luggernaut is not lugged (??). No, I’m not talking about the fork.

There are 1 1/8" steel lugged frames as Blakey has pointed out. For the most it’s overkill to use a 1 1/8" steerer unless it’s a tandem or for some other heavy duty purpose. 1" steel is plenty strong and the 1 1/8" ball started rolling because of alloy and carbon forks and needing a larger diameter steerer in the absence of material strength/weight. Most of the oversize frames with the lugs mentioned above that i’ve seen built are for 3rd party Carbon forks … why? I don’t know, weight I guess? But to me it’s like putting low profile tyres on a 4wd?

You don’t like blunts, 40s and bitches?

I’ve prolly had more 40’s than anyone on this forum (and it showz).

One of my most endearing/disturbing memories of college in the US is a game/torture called ‘Edward 40 hands’.

Sure about that?:

Luggernaut:

Exile:

You’ve put up an image of the Ruben.

No, hence: ??

Yep, it is a Ruben, my mistake. Which I quite like that Ruben. Any experience with this brand?

The last 40oz party I had was in 2004.
Pretty hard to top that.
Day to remember (even though it was mostly a blur).

No, I saw a couple in the US, and the models they have listed on their site are quite nice. Nothing that’s better than my Co-Motion’s though, so the credit card’s holstered.

what’s wrong with a threadless steerer? quills are heavy as shit.
threadless stems = easy peasy italianesy
and if you’re gonna whinge about the threadless steerer you should probly start whinging about the drilled fork too :-\

I think they were intimating they prefer the classic look of threaded steerer/quill stems. As do I.

Don’t get me started, i was going to bring it up before and i didn’t. Going to keep my mouth shut on it though. <brain explodes…>

My Soma Van Ness is both inch and 1/8 and lugged.
Soma Van Ness Frameset

Its an ok bike but kinda like the new mercedes gull wing ok i guess, but it aint no original.

I know what i would rather.