Tour de France [BEWARE SPOILERS]

dislocated shoulder.

faaarck.
unfortunately.

thats sport for ya.

poor freckle but!

Rogers went down negotiating a corner on a fast descent, as part of a pack of 8 or so. Nothing to do with being in the peleton. The footage of it features David Arroyo climbing up the slope, emerging from some bushes and getting back on his bike. It’s pretty funny, apart from the whole bit with Rogers getting injured.

Rogers went down negotiating a corner on a fast descent, as part of a pack of 8 or so. Nothing to do with being in the peleton. The footage of it features David Arroyo climbing up the slope, emerging from some bushes and getting back on his bike. It’s pretty funny, apart from the whole bit with Rogers getting injured.
[/quote]

I suspect LAM was having a swipe at Phil Liggett’s standard advice.

Haha you’d think I’d pick that up. I suppose I’ve heard it so many times I just tune out to it now.

so did rogers take out arroyo or the other way around.
Phil reckoned the other way.

But who knows…

Well maybe if you were in the first 15 to 20 riders you would’ve realised? :wink:

Rogers went down first, you can see Arroyo crash and roll over the barrier after Rogers is already down. Apparently his rear tyre rolled off… but who knows. That coverage this evening was very low in detail.

Phil also made the “one word Mike: DRUGS” call earlier in the coverage :confused:

Quote from a mate,

Glue on your singles boys - glue them on good!!!

Anyone else notice that this year’s tour coverage is quite ordinary? Compared to last year’s, alot of critical moments in the stages seem to be missed by the cameras.

Des

Is it because critical moments have been in the mountains where wireless diesn’t work so well? They had the same problem in London, for the same reason.

This year they are broadcasting in widescreen. This is just a hunch, but their cameras are probably higher res, and so the link to the heli is more sensitive to noise than it used to be. The quality of the digital broadcast is great when the pictures are moving, but they seem to drop out all the time :confused: Hence the crossing to wide shots from the heli.

yes, all of the good crashes, for one. most of the good bits, they say, ‘and now we’ll head back to the front of the peloton, where there’s a breakaway—’ and it’s already 5 minutes after they started the breakaway. i think the cameras are probably still getting the same footage, they may not be switching between it as much as they used too.

The best incident ever in the ‘tour’, was the dog, snapped carbon wheel and the rider face-plant. GOLD!

From the Guardian:
“Mobile’s Tour jinx continues as Burghardt hits dog. BRIANCON, France, July 17 (Reuters) - T-Mobile’s jinx on this year’s Tour de France continued on Tuesday when German Marcus Burghardt crashed after hitting a dog during the ninth stage. Burghardt could not avoid the Labrador as it crossed the road some 50 km after the start of the stage from Val d’Isere. His bike was damaged but neither he nor the dog appeared to be inured.”

Then the fuckstick commentator (not liggett or Tomalaris, the other one) says:“bringing a dog to a bike race is like bringing a shark to swim-meet”… yeah except the dog won’t attempt to eat the riders! You knob!

Oh yeah, Gabriel Gate needs to be beaten with a stick.

Phil also said that the dog was overweight. Not that relevant, but he’s still right. Although I don’t think the dog would’ve been the 160lb he claimed.

Labradors can get pretty hefty, albeit they’re useless eating and shitting machines, kinda like children. Loved that quick bit of footage of the carbon fibre rim buckling, shows how fuck’n weak the ‘sideways’ strength of these wheels are.

Pour dog.
You’ll give him an eating disorder.
Be nice you bastards

Especially in slow-mo

“Oh yeah, Gabriel Gate needs to be beaten with a stick.”

…it’s like you can read my mind…!

Especially when he does that “Gendarme Brother” thing… arrrgh…!

Deep V’s are also good until, you want to run larger tyres (28c to 32c) and can’t get fucking inner tubes with long enough valve stems.

Don’t care how good his ‘beer batter fish and chips’ (who the fuck can’t make that? The interthingy is full ‘o’ recipes), he still needs to be beaten (prison style, with a good shanking thrown in). Only Aussie TV would come up with the idea of:“you have a french accent, you can join our tour coverage”. Gabriel Gate belongs back on morning TV with Bert and the other queens, entertaining the ‘nearly dead’.

Bullshit.