Track attack

It is only a ‘come and try track racing event’. $10 for an hour is a good deal. If you enjoy it and want to do it again, join a club and get a CA licence. I was at DISC for almost 4 hours last night…the cost? $10.

i wonder if they hire tandems? heh

So Tris,

Which club are you joined up with. I was thinking of joining Brunswick a couple of months ago, and havn’t got my arse into gear.

Brunswick.

Hello all,

I’ve been a bit busy this week so have only just had time to post…

Right,

• Sorry Lats + all, it is only an hour session

“IS IT ONLY FOR AN HOUR??”

but as Tristan said

"It is only a 'come and try track racing event'"

"If you enjoy it and want to do it again, join a club and get a CA licence."

the whole idea for the session was to get a group of us newbie’s (+ Friends) together to have a try at a proper track in a relaxed environment… (no elbows to the face allowed, kidneys and torso only…!)

I’m hopeing that it’s going to be a good laugh and a chance to see what riding a good, steep, wooden track is all about. I for one am very keen to progress from this to joining up with a Club… others may find that one go is enough…

The fella from Vic Cycling, Warren is sure to be able to give us more information about where to go next if we are interested (He does after all work to promote cycling in Vic. I’m also pretty sure that he may belong to the Brunswick Club anyway)

When I spoke to warren he said you can get a “training” licence for about
$50 which allows you to use the track at any open sessions for $5… from that you go to a full “race” licence and/or Club membership. etc.

But for now (This Sunday anyway) its turn up, have a go, have a laugh, and decide where each of us want’s to go next…

• Bike’s and stuff - bring what you’ve got, I think that the "track marshals’ word is going to be the deciding factor as to their use… so make them as track friendly as possible. the hire bike’s are going to be a mix and match, to see what they have got and what we need.

• I asked before but, Is anyone up for breakfast first, (I am) I don’t know that side of town too well so if anyone has any suggestions of somewhere near, or on the way ! post your ideas…

So in conclusion… I don’t have a clue what to expect, just rock up and have fun.

I’m just excited about having a piss about on my bike, with friends on a good track… Yeehaaarr…!

See Ya… Pete.

Sorry ndf I nearly forgot,

I hope your still planning to come to the session, if so, and you need a lift, 853 Nick, or I should be able to give you a lift, just give one of us a shout…

Cheers… Pete.

Meet 8:45 at DISC for those wanting to have breakfast first. We will find somewhere close to eat at, then roll back for a 9:45 meet and a 10:00 start.

damn, im so jealous about missing this!

i remember doing DISC for the first time last year - it’s scary as hell for the first 30 minutes. i could have sworn it was impossible for the bike to stay upright on that thing, but the magic of gravity is impressive.

have fun, and don’t fall on the splinters!

:wink:

n.

wow, awesome!! and if it was that much fun spectating imagine how much fun the riders had :slight_smile:

sorry about the crappy pics - something about digital crappy cameras:

http://undershorts.org/images/disctry/

sorry if i missed anyone, you can punch my good arm next time. oh and if anyone wants an original (much larger) i can email.

nath.

Good shots Nath.

Awesome fun!

Thanks to Pete who organised the event and even went to the trouble of printing out spoke cards.

Wicked nath, cheers

Andy, how’d yours turn out?

Cheers

Lats

Damn it! Sorry to all those who went to the Track attack on Sat morn, and to all those who didn’t.

Couldn’t make it there and potentially feeling a little guilty for it. :oops:

How can i make it up? :cry:

Come out for a sat ride and buy everyone coffee. :wink:

After that, leave your bike with us and we’ll part it out among ourselves.

Come out for a sat ride and buy everyone coffee. :wink:

After that, leave your bike with us and we’ll part it out among ourselves.[/quote]

Coffee yes, bike, dude thats not cool. :wink:

ride from elgin and swanston st yeh, from 9am. (me bike aint got brakes but me got bunch skills is this ok?) should i wack on a front brake JIC.

It’s 7.30am

Brakeless is OK. About half of us ride brakeless.

Thanks Pete. Great job - well done for organising us all. It looked to me like everyone had a good time.

I’ll be signing up and hitting the boards again.

Des, this is just the reason you needed for another track bike.

And thanks to ndf for hanging around watching and taking pics.

There doesn’t need to be reason for another track bike.

Only $$$ is holding me back.

http://undershorts.org/images/disctry/053_for_rhino.jpg

“FOR RHINO”…love it!!! Except there not holding stubbies of XXXX…

Was awesome, want more, thanks Pete.