Trip to Chandler Velodrome - Tues 5th July

So I have finally moved to bros and am settled in.
Planning on heading out tue night for a look then may be a ride in the near future.
what’s the go when does it kick off.

Lights go on around 6:45pm with first C grade “race” at 7:30pm. The three grades get three “races” each. Its normally all over by 9:30pm.

If you’re just going to watch initially you can just wander in and take a seat in the stands. There are plenty of people to speak to and they will give you the run down on how to get involved.

Don’t think I’ll be going next Tues but should be there the week after.

Do bring your bike down, when you come to watch-if you are not a junior then suggest an 86" gear- if you’re a junior use no more than your CA limit - you’ll need a valid CA licence to ride- however let me know you’re coming and I’ll show you around.
Even if you’ve ridden track before don’t just jump on please talk to someone first!!!
Next week may be an idea- got another newbie to take around.
There is also some stuff happening at Caboolture track Wednesday training, and Saturday arvo racing from about 3:30- it is not a bad track at all well worth the trip.

i might get on this newbie tour wagon, and would also be pretty stoked to either get a lift or someone to ride out there with

edit: didn’t know there was a velodrome at caboolture, might go for a wander up there on saturday too!

I can offer a lift from St Lucia most weeks.

sweet, i’ll confirm on monday, thanks

Ah, but not next week. I generally go every week though.

I can give you a ride I’m in new farm we can newbie together.
Thanks pinball.

I want to get on this newbie train too.

Do I get a spotters fee for all this fresh blood.

thanks dayne, i’m coming from northgate so that works great, be in touch monday

Just to clarify, to race and warm up you must have a current licence! and no they won’t issue one on the night.
But happy to take a couple of youse around for the first time-just make yourselves known, don’t just jump on before we explain a few basic rules.
If you have a licence and we’re happy with how you’re riding you will be put in c grade, to get the hang of things.
PM me if you have any questions

^^ yeah spot on will do

Sounds good plan was to just watch with intensions of riding the following tue.
Sick of looking at my Llewellyn collecting dust.

I’m in the same boat as dayne, just want to come out and have a look. Injury and fitness will hold me back a few weeks.

you guys should also come down to murrarrie for some sat morning crit action if you have road bikes :wink:

might try to make it to chandler this week, depends how busy i am at work on tues.

Please do bring your bikes down, best way to start, unless you or your bikes are broken, then you can still borrow one, if you contact the CQ office during the day, for a bike not a body …it is just that there are no facilities if you don’t have CA licence to let you ride.
As the road season has finished it is getting a lot busier there, and the track even on warm up is not the place to go out on your own.

As for Murrarie…will see some of you out there in a few weeks, it is about time I raced there again- it will be my third time.

You guys should come to caboolture velodrome on a wednesday night! I’ve been going and training until I have enough money for a CA liscence to do tuesdays. It’s good fun and 5 dollars for the lights. If anyone comes tomorrow night, I’ll be there, Come say hi!

Lift available from St Lucia tonight if anyone wants one.

I might head out again for a look see you guys out there.