Trucks to carry bike safety message

Trucks to carry bike safety message

Amy Gillett foundation involved.

a step in the right direction hopefully! now we just need a way to actually enforce the laws…

I wish there was a truck that just drove around with a ramp hanging off the back that you could ride into to avoid the rain for a bit. That’s what they should be using trucks for.

with coffee machines in the back for a quick refreshment while on the road?

I was interested reading the article that trucks were not statistically the highest killer, but a vehicle collecting a rider from behind.

Having ridden in London for 3.5 years, left turning HGV’s were disproportionately represented in the fatality stats.

Anyway, I’m all for a bit of driver education, so good work Toll and the AG Foundation. Pisses all over a bit of green paint.

EDIT: Reading that again, Im not really sure if I’ve interpretted the stats correctly… Does a vehicle include trucks? I duuno

As good as all of this is, out the front of my work (corner of collins and elizabeth street) there is a bike lane that can’t be wider than 1 metre, with a tram stop right next to it and enough room for a car to squeeze through.

The amount of near hits I see there on a daily basis really makes you realize that no matter what education is pushed out, unless the infrastructure is improved, not much can be done.

and then I look at what they are doing to elizabeth street…

The bike lanes on Collins are H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

Just take the lane like a car. Fucking total waste of time and money, and dangerous to boot.

I don’t dig on all this “infrastructure” business. It’s ALL about education, sharing the road, and proper enforcement… in built up areas anyway. My views differ on big roads with high speed limits.

I drafted a post about this which I never finished when we were talking about dooring. I’ll post it up later. It may be of some or no interest.

Bravo.