[TWBD] Come And Try (Sun 19th Dec)

I commuted on the Travesty today with my hetres. Getting it ready for a 3 day tour in a week.

blakey, about half the train trip back was everyone discussing and trying to recount how many bikes you have.

Vintage road, classic road, modern road, 650B touring, 650B rando, Road TT, SSCX, geared CX, Cargo, SS commuter, tandem, track.

oah just 12…

damn boys sounds like it was heap of fun, so annoyed i slept in late and had a cafe breakfast at lunch time…

Che here, had a great time, I’ll definitely consider future rides.

Highlight for me was smashing down silvan road in the intense hail.

Lowlight was secretly scoffing energy bars/gel, in readiness for the ascent to kalorama, in effort to open up some pain on all you super tough singlespeeders. Alas it was not to be, although finishing up in my hometown made for a convenient detour.

Ha! High-end geared cx bike, local knowledge of the climb AND you were secretly loading up on carbs?! You weren’t leaving anything to chance were you? :slight_smile:

Thanks Angry for the organising, and thanks to the other 11 who came out. What a mix of known and unknown faces and bikes! Fantastic. Despite the hand-numbing hail and rain (and the subsequent shivering), and not riding the most appropriate of bicycles (touring rig anyone?), I had a lot of fun. Great mix of asphalt, dirt, mud, gravel, cruising, grinding up hill, single track, CX-style “portaging” along walking tracks (my only thought was “where in the fuck are we going?”) and a fun big ring mashing session from Cog Cafe to Lilydale Station at the end.
I’ll come next time for sure!

and thanks for making us all smile when you appeared out of the hail/rain on the silvan descent with your dyno front light blazing… :slight_smile:

My bike riding soul is regretting having drunk waaay too much on Saturday night and not coming along to this. I realise I only have one working bike, which is a coaster-braked cruiser with a shopping basket on the front… but still, i wanted to do this.
I like riding in shitty weather

ahh yes, another pointless story from ellepea

My story is similar
except for the one bike thing.
And it was more of a 'bleh, I drove for hours then got home at 12:30, bed, then not up in time to catch a 8:30am train citybound.