Ugh.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

It is the Telegraph. There are better things to wipe your ass with …

The tele has been running an anti-bike/anti-clover moore campaign for years now. It means nothing.

They can get fucked.

no comments = not interested

They have headings like ‘cyclists ignore bike lanes’ and ‘bike lanes remain unused’ but have a picture of four cyclists using a bike lane. Smart

He said the Sydney Statistical Division included the Blue Mountains, Wyong and to Campbelltown in the south and “as such is not relevant to data underpinning the demand for a Sydney CBD cycleway network”.

Vikki at her self-contradictory best. The figures pertaining to lowered usage rates include areas such as those above, where I’m pretty sure the ‘commute’ in Wyong is the 35 metres form the housing commission to the bottle shop to buy a longneck.

I don’t even see the point of these articles. What is the alternative? More lanes? Does that fix anything? No bike lanes? So the bikes are on the road slowing down the traffic in that lane?

The link to ‘unused bicycle lanes’ is even more stupidendous. It is the verrrry end of the bourke street cycle way, towards the airport. Ofcourse, if you look during mid day, you’ll see no bicycles. I also see many unused streets, shall we also remove them? Along with the ‘crazy’ drivers I see?

Fuck.

“Bike lane mayhem” is a really good gallery. There are about 4 of the same photo of a guy riding behind a car, and more of cars driving on the wrong side of the road. I don’t get it…

No point getting shitty about it IMHO. These articles get written because bike lanes are seen to be the pet project of Clover, and are backed by “greenies” and the all-powerful bike lobby (wtf?). Newscorp will do whatever it takes to discredit any plan/project/policy of it’s political opponents, in an effort to depose them. It hasn’t worked with Clover, despite the best efforts of the tele and Alan Jones.
The vocal minority will always be against something, and will always be looking for things to whinge about, and strangely enough it always seems to correlate with what newscorp and the shockjocks are going on about this week.

As I said before: they can get fucked.

Not to mention this:

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

A 70-year-old from the Central Coast, only wanting to be known as Bob, called the cyclists on Kent St “terrorists in lycra” as he was walking to work.

Well Bob, how about you stay on the fucking Central Coast? …and maybe leave your benevolent urban design experience in your brain-hole and leave it to the council?

Bob’s anecdotes count for nothing.

The Telegraph might paint all cyclists with a biased & inaccurate brush, do you need to do the same?

…and I may be slightly more vested in this argument seeing as I am an urban designer.

…and slightly vested in this as I grew up near Wyong, and from my personal experience it is not far from the truth, though I think comedic exaggeration is a far cry from publishing ‘factual’ media, I wish only for a day where these bicycle articles are injest.

Apart from the obvious political agenda, we’ve all just fallen for the tele’s main traffic generating ploy and clicked on the fucking article. They report on cyclist mayhem to drive clicks, and here we are, clicking.

They can get fucked.

I just pretend they are!

+1 get fucked

I’m just waiting to hear what heavymetal thinks about all this.

Pay rego etc

ftfy

Rather coincidentally, i saw this a few minutes ago Dropbox - Error
Edit: sorry I can’t upload at work or on phone