ultimate frame???

personally can’t go past a Llewellyn custom… yet to see another frame builder match his ornate lug work.

guess i’m just a sucker for the bling.

• FUCKING 1 on that one Johnny, that lug work makes me melt.

However I am a massive fan of my mates Fondriest frame, although I’d never let him know. I know absolutely nothing about the brand and hardly ever see one around - probably adding to why I like it so much.

If anyone has any experience with these frames drop an information bomb for me.

De Rosa of course…

^^^Yes please!

i’d love to see the baum margins.
my ultimate bike would be an IF Ti crown jewel, all tracked up.

I nearly bought a steel crown jewel, but im saving myself for a ti roadie…or an ssr.

Euro or a vanilla.

Olsen, for some reason I didn’t notice your post the other day, otherwise I would have said something about Fondriest.

Maurizio Fondriest started his own bike company after retiring, and I can say that his frames really are a dream to ride (We’re one of only a few Fondriest dealers in Oz). You really don’t see many at all, and the customers that buy them really know what they want. I’ve built a 2009 Fondriest RP3 and a TF2 (which are both road frames, not track), and they ride really, really nice. I haven’t had much experience with older Fondriest frames, but from what I hear, even in Italy they’re a boutique brand. They’re also surprisingly cheap, you get a lot of frame for the money. Nice looking bike in the photo too!

wow cheers dude, looks like my mate back in the UK really knew what he was after when he was looking for a quality frame that he doesn’t see around much. I’ll have to enquire to see who he got the heads up from.

It’s probably the only brand I can google “Fondriest Track” and literally find the top two links being my friends bike and all the retailers selling just 2010 models.

More pics of his bike here…

You’ve got a Euro!

Anyway, I think I want a disc wheel and those Broakland triple triangle frames are nice too.

i had one once. it was sweet, but 2cms too small.

for something different maybe a affinity lo pro

Theres a fondriest vintage frame up on ebay at the moment…

dot.
dot.
dot.
That is far beyond mad!

:smiley: this has to be one of the best looking set ups around! looks like an animal!

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/cinelli-mash-sf-bike-1.jpg

i would punch a litter of puppie!

Does anyone know of any other pics of Fondriest frames ?? anyone riding one ??

Crino cycles in north fitzroy (melbourne) has a couple of them…

We’ve got a couple at work. A TF2 and an RP3. PM me if you want details.

iv got 2 roadies, but yet to come by a track frame… one day… one day :frowning:

vanilla has a current wait list of 5 years!! :-o