Votec - German Alloy

I have been on the lookout for a groupset to upgrade my Kypo roadie for a few months now, after being inspired by the Retro Roadies with Brifters thread.
So when this popped up, I put in an offer and managed to get it.
Thinking it’d be massive (advertised as an XL (60cm)), i was set to pick up, strip and sell the frame/fork on to recoup some funds, while the group took up residency on the Kypo.
But that wasn’t to be.

When i went to pick it up, it looked a lot smaller than claimed…and it was. As the original listing shows, the seat was a long way out (and there was that same amount of post in the seat tube as well). I still wasn’t sure it’d fit, so a quick seat lowering and change of pedals and i was off for a short roll…and what better maiden voyage than to head out to lunch.
A mushroom burger and a coffee later and i was back on the path home.

Got the tape out when i arrived back home and my suspicions was confirmed…it would fit. 55TT c-c and 60ST c-t (57ST c-c). So now my Kypo will go back to the shed, while i take this lovely lass out for some racing instead.

Spec (from what i can see)
Frame: Alloy #somethingorother
Fork: Time Carbon 1" Threadless
Groupset: Dura Ace 9 Speed (53-42 up front)
Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium (18 front, 20 rear)

It might be the photos distorting, but that doesn’t look 55-60 to me. Then again, my eye is untrained. The paint looks great - I love the colour.

The paint is killer and i do like that generation DA, But lets fix those erecto hoods haha.
Looks like a good solid rider.

Yeah, saw this on ebay, was thinking that it didn’t seem as big as advertised. Nice buying, NOW GO RIDE!

Sell the fork to Gene.

They’re some good looking chips. Bike is okay. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hardcore!
Looks great dfunkt, and 7700 is a real classic group.

my brain fade is atrocious, 56ST c-c (60ST c-t) 57TT c-c. the massive tubes throw the perspective off too.

with the previous owner being so tall (euro genes, unintentional pun is rad) i think he had them like that to act as a bit of resistance.

given i won’t be removing the group and installing it on the Kypo, i hope to be at Coburg this Sat for ‘My First Crit’

Not just yet.

Wedges were well good. The food from LittleDeerTracks is always top notch, except the coffee lets them down.

The seller gave me the 39 he had for it as well, he liked the 42 for the tri’s he used to do.

have done a few little things to the Votec:
sold the cranks to Jelmer and bought some 172.5mm DA7900 to replace them.
have been swapping the seat, trying to find what works for me. currently using the toupe from my track bike.
also replaced the gear cables with yokozuna this arvo. didnt bother doing the brake cables as I cbf retaping the bars…

its a great ride. really like throwing my leg over and going for a spin…