Warburton Mountain Bike Feasability Study

Warburton may soon be one of Victoria’s premier mountain bike destinations, after Yarra Ranges Council last week released a draft feasibility for public comment.

The Council worked with Parks Victoria, the Department of Primary Industries, Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers, Warburton CEDA and Warburton Advancement League on a project to investigate developing Warburton as a destination for mountain bikers.

The group produced a report recommending developing a world class mountain bike network. Up to 97km of new trails would be created in four separate zones linked by the Lilydale to Warburton Rail Trail and O’Shannassy Aqueduct Trail.

Construction costs could be up to $4.2m with an expected economic benefit of $23.67m.

The mountain bike trail could attract 130,000 visitors a year and could provide a boost to the economic development of the region and up to 175 jobs.

While no funds have yet been committed to the project, Council is keen to see what the community thinks.

The draft report is available until 5pm Friday 10 July.

Send your submissions to Recreation Services at mail@yarraranges.vic.gov.au or contact 1300 368 333 for more information.

The Warburton Mountain Bike Feasibility Study can viewed via this link:

.: Warburton Mountain Bike Feasibility Study :.

Not even a single hell yeah?!

HELL YEAH!

I like the numbers.

They’ve been at this for a while now, Hopefully it goes ahead! I’d be sure to spend a bit of time out there.

I’ll add to that, JP…

HELL YEAH!

#would

sorry… this is likely to be all kinds of awesome.

i got sidetracked actually reading all the trail sustainability nerdery inside.

This is great news

Real good news for Douggy!