Wednesday Fix v5.0

I don’t want this to turn to shit so we’re going to start again.

Strictly ride related questions and information only please. Other posts may be deleted.

Take all whinging/bitching to the ‘pub’ from now on.

People on the ride will be encouraged to obey all road rules at all times (I will be and I don’t care if I get left at a set of lights). It’s all just about having fun from here on in.

Ride meets at 6:30 @ Fed Sqr steps
In the event of rain, meet point moves to Fed Sqr atrium off Flinders between Russell and Swanston (opposite Nandos)

Re: [MEL] The Wednesday Fix v2.0
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 02:29:40 PM »

Hey guys/girls,

I’ve been getting a few questions about Wed nights and I thought I’d clear up a few things:-

The ride is nothing too serious. There’s usually a few faster guys but we stop and regroup often and nobody gets left behind. We want to try and build it up as much as we can so tell all of your friends that ride. Last week we did some different thinks like a smash through a multi storey car park, over some cobbled lanes and through a golf course sand bunker etc. It’s all about having FUN but we’ll try and increase some skills and fitness along the way.

It’ll be good to have you all along. Usually finishes around 8:30ish but you can bail at any time along the way. Now it’s daylight savings we’ll probably have a quick beer at the end.

As I’ve said previously, I’m open to quirky ride ideas at all times and if you feel up for it anybody can take the lead. There’s no rules except that you must bring a smile and have a laugh and take the piss out of each other.

PM me anytime if you want anything cleared up.

Matt

well said matt

i miss doing the wednesday fix in melbourne. but since moving to sydney in feb, we’ve been having some great wednesday night rides up here. pretty big crews too.

mckenny rode with us this week, and simon and jimmy are coming up tonight to race the BowieCat tomorrow.

Can’t wait to move back to melbourne eventually and ride some flat

I’ve been meaning to come out for a while now. Maybe next wednesday. The rides were good way back when i used to be there every wednesday, then there were too many new guys, loose cannons who made the ride no fun. I’m just keen for a spin and a chat, followed by a beer.

li,m always up 4 a chat and a beer holmes, come rock it.

Hey guys i was a noobie a few weeks back and you guys waiting for the pack was one of the best things for the night.

I had heaps of fun. Maybe though if you collected the new guys numbers at the start and gave them a number to call if they fall behind or something?

I will try to complete uni work and make it there!

Any idea’s on where 2moro’s ride is headed?
Haven’t got any lights yet so a bit tentative to head out after dark if I cant see.

Yeah I’m a noob so go easy.

I think you will need lights. Not so much to see with, but more to be seen.

If you can’t see in front of you, just look for the white line.

Thats what I tell myself anyway.

Lights bought! Cya there.

I’m thinking of riding tonight- anyone else?

Unless it’s pissing down, I’ll be there.

ill try make it but have a heap of work to do

no dice! - got my archi-chaz boots on tonight. (would rather be riding though)

I’m a scratching due to this:

im in for a casual roll.

I’m out.

sick as fuck.

negative ghostrider… the (work) pattern is full… (due to a day off tomorrow :-D)

Fun ride thanks guys
The hills at the end finished it off nicely :evil:

Here, here great ride for my 1st one. Mapped it on mapmyride.com and I did a tad under 42 kms home to home.
Cheers to all there for looking out for the new guys and waiting up when we got split.
All road rules obeyed as well.

You 'map my (rode) it and you didn’t post it up? please share! - interested to see what I missed out on. :smiley: