What tyre do you use and why?

Schwalbe Duranos - You won’t ever get punctures and they feel light enough to race on.

Can’t beat that.

if they’re the feng shin (or whatever that dodgy rubber is) ditch 'em asap bro - you’ll save yourself a million punctures. That rubber is nonsense. maybe save em to thrash on a trainer or something.

i use gp4000’s on the road, minimal skids. they’ve held up pretty well. about 4 punctures in about 1000k’s.

Now its running with CST 32mm…

What do I expect with new tyres thats narrower?

anyone ridden the new fixation 28mm tyres Dan is stocking at Shifter?

Wiggle sent me a pair of Open Corsa evo CX instead of the randonneurs.

They are expensive I know, but is it street-smart?

I am still riding 30mm tioga komodo’s.

awesome tyre, very very grippy, they wear extremely well for a grippy tyre, they make riding on the roads alot smoother AND they wont break the bank, what more could you ask for??

I have gotten a fair few riders onto them here in brissy including messengers and they wont ride anything else now!

Open Corsa evo CX? LOvely but they really are a race-day tyre. I’m looking for a pair if you want to unload them - sell them to me and buy yourself some gatorskins or a couple of pairs of Zaffs with the proceeds.

Rando’s on the back, Gatorz (and one Ultrasport) on the front.

Win.

i thought you were having problems with 23s?

i have been using vittoria evo pave all winter and they are great, now changed to gatorskins for the summer but have always had ‘average’ experiences with them so will prob put some duranos on at some stage as they were absolutely bobmproof when i used them before the renaming from stelvio plus. for racing i have been using veloflex pave. they would last about 2 seconds on actual pave but they are really really nice on smooth roads. plenty of flats though and no good for long miles, and they wear out very quickly.

I got my wheels trued by Bio-Mechanics and the 23 Gator is just fitting in on the Europa now with about 2mm clearance.

cam_green is, he hasnt had them for long (or hadnt when i saw him last sunday) so couldnt comment.

they do look awesome… and some of the stuff dan was saying about them indicates they could be pretty rad.

well, he said they were slippery. but apparently they take a while to wear in, so should be fine by now

These rule…!
http://www.ozbikedirect.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=23_38&products_id=169

For $50 - 120 tpi casing and they ride like a 25.
Wouldn’t ride them in the middle of winter, but been using them for the past month and they’re excellent for this price.

I’ve heard good things about the Vredestein Tricomp- might try a pair next tyre set I buy.
Any particular reason why you started using them, Nexus?

No. Just got a set off my bro-in-law in a parts swap. The ride is great and despite commuting through the sea of glass in the inner city, they hold up fantastic. i.e NO flats.

I usually stick to tried and true, Vittorias- Randos (best fixie rear, but heavy) and Rubino Pros (my fave). I didn’t mind Gators but they’re not any better than these 2 and (IMO) they suck in the wet.

I’ve used these a couple of times. One of the best ‘feeling’ tyres I’ve used, but they get cut/slashed easily.

I had read some very positive reviews for them so tried one out. was very very happy with the way they rode. Less happy when i slit through the casing and had to throw the tyre away. Noticed quite few other cuts (many more so and deeper than i would expect from tyre of its age). This was in canada where I would average a debris puncture every 1-1.5yrs.

Tried another one as I was that happy with them as a front tyre… same cut issues had it in the bin in less than 4mths.

This was 2 years ago so its possible they have changed the formula/protection.

I’ve had no problems with them so far. Unlike the Michelin ProRace2’s where a large piece of the casing peeled off mid skid! I’m just sticking to the ones I know are good from now on.

Was that a piece of coloured rubber section?
Heard lots of conflicting things about the ProRace3.

You will be proud heatseeker, these bad boys are on there way: :slight_smile:

It was mostly the coloured section actually !

MEGA happy with these. Still have got NO punctures like the Stelvio these guys replaced, the Durano just feels so much lighter to ride on to the point where I’d have no problem racing on them.

BEST TYRE EVER for street use. I really can’t understand why people keep throwing up other options here, there is no other option IMO because EVERYBODY should ride these for trouble free riding. Ride over glass, nails, dead birds. . . . whatever. You’ll get no punctures and ride a tyre that feels like a GP4000.

Where did you get them from?