which bike: KHS Flite 100 or Grand Royale Lurker

I know this comes up all the time, but I’m considering two bikes and wanted some advice.

Grand Royale Lurker

KHS flite 100

i know there’s a huge difference between them, one is track and one is more trick right? what are your opinions on each.

What are you using it for? That said, up until a few days ago i had a KHS and it was awesome for the price.

i’m not sure, it’ll be the first fixed I’ll own after borrowing a mates one last year. I’d like to give track a go, which sort of rules out the Lurker I think. That said I’d probably end up using it for general riding/weekend commute which leads me to the lurker.

If there is known issues with one then it sort of answers the question for me.

GO for the khs. Great every day bike. But you can also try track buy putting a bigger GI on and some better tyres. The lurker is kinda shit, have seen it in the flesh, and wasn’t to impressed.

go the khs

these are all over the fixed community and you hardly ever here a bad thing about them, they are a great starter if you wanna give track a go and more than comfortable for an every day rider

that said if you wanna do 4 stairs and bar spins…

Khs…

im also interested in the KHS flite.
just wondering where can i buy it in MELBOURNE?

I’d probably go the royale, but that’s cos it’s kinda what I’d be looking for soon-ish.
Not discrediting the KHS, I only hear positives about them.

Thanks for all your replies, Sounds like the decision has been made.

I was only leaning towards the Lurker as i ride DH and used to ride Trails and i know eventually i’ll have an overwhelming desire to to some tricks. the flite will hold up to some simple stuff won’t it?

Not to fly my own flag here, but Beach Rd Cycles has some in stock on special.

grand royale doesn’t look like a massively tough trick bike anyway though dude, it’d just be the gear ratio and forks/handlebars that would really set it apart, am i right?

What ever it is you will spend more money upgrading/replacing then you thought.

Oh and I have a Flite, I love it but that doesn’t mean it’s the best bike ever.

khs… i own one myself however i ended up selling the wheels because they were shit. You’ll also want to change the crank and get yourself a better rear cog. That’s if the parts are the same as the peppermint flite that came out last year.

Khs … I miss mine of all the things i have bought and sold this ‘off the shelf’ had my fav. geo …kinda tight, i miss it. got it brand new for 725.

Actually, i reckon the wheels were fine, as were the cranks. The cog, yes, was shit. But the wheels took pounding fine. But each to their own.

Does anyone know if the 2010 model is drilled for front brakes? and can I put brakes onto the stock rim or will i need to get a machined rim?

If you’re planning to get one from the DW sale I suggest you get in quick, most of the bikes have already been sold…

yes and yes. Brakes will run fine.

Does anyone know how much the Gran Royale Lurker is? If it were cheap enough I’d get one, and stick my chukkers on there, then just replace all the other bits when I break them.

sorry but how the hell are you guys breaking all these parts? Are all Australian roads made of potholes and cobblestones, and 2 ft edges to mount and drop for every gutter?

KHS aren’t that shite are they?