Which CX bike for a mate?

So, I convinced a colleague to try riding to work and loaned her a bike and stuff. She’s got her own bike now and is cruising around everywhere, and then I mentioned the idea of Cyclocross. She’s keen, and has been looking at bikes. I don’t know a heap about these things, so thought I’d start this thread for advice.

She likes the idea of CX racing, but would also like to do a bit of road riding. She knows 51cm is too small and 54cm seems about right.

This was looking pretty hot, and maybe in hindsight would’ve been perfect.

How about these?

2013 Marin Cortina Cyclocross CX 54cm in Kogarah, NSW | eBay

Norco Threshold 3 Cyclicross 54cm 2014 in North Melbourne, VIC | eBay

$800 seems to be a good price range. Any tips on new bikes? Got one you’re thinking of selling? Let me know. I’ll send her a link to this thread too eh.

Righto

Ta

unless she’s been a member here for 25 days, the link to here will be invalid…

sorry bud.

Yeah, just figured that out. Can it be moved to the CX/MTB forum bit so she can? No worries if not.

link away WCP.

Circa 1 | Avanti | Cyclocross Bikes for sale in Preston | 102152383

Feather CX 1.1 | Fuji | Cyclocross Bikes for sale in Fitzroy | 102560109

scott cyclecross cx comp | Scott | Cyclocross Bikes for sale in Footscray | 102573455

Jake Disc (Cyclocross) | Kona | Cyclocross Bikes for sale in Lilydale | 102309522

Boardman Cx Comp | Boardman | Cyclocross Bikes for sale in Malvern East | 102574069

if she’s able to, get her to drop by Saint Cloud and see if nick has any Fuji CX stuff on sale, think he may have some stuff marked down at the moment*

*don’t quote me on that though.