Wilson HTM B2GC

50 is too fast for me to enjoy the scenery, I’ll join you Bennett. The night before I’ll make sure Grant has to join a slower group too. Who else here is doing it?

i am on roadie, and Lisa is doing the 60km from logan.

radical times, ill be up on the first train so we’ll take it from there

Looking forward to this one.
Snorkle and spd compatible flippers are at the ready.

Yeah I think you’re all going to have a wet one. Enjoy the smash down there and watch out for numpties that don’t know how to ride in the wet. I remember missing one by a few feet last year who came off on a straight section of road after locking up his brakes.

Update from BQ-
See you on Sunday

The excitement is building with only two days to go. Some of you may have noticed it’s a little wet today. Just to address any wet weather concerns, the event is still going ahead! The event will only be called off if Bicycle Queensland is directed to do so by Police. Rider safety is, of course, our number one priority.

Please check the BQ website, Facebook page or Twitter for event updates over the weekend, and we look forward to seeing you all at the Finish Site on Sunday. Good Luck.

This should make things interesting.
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for Damaging Wind gusts and flash flooding
For people along the SE coast overnight and for Sunday.

Issued at 11:15 am on Saturday 9 October 2010

Synoptic Situation:
An intensifying high over the southern Tasman Sea and a trough off the east
coast will increase the winds along the SE coast overnight and for Sunday with
increasing rainfall. These conditions will extend inland to exposed parts of the
inland ranges during Sunday.

It’s been postponed.
Wilson HTM Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge - 10/10/10
9 October 2010

The Wilson HTM Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge has been postponed due to forecasted extreme weather conditions, to a date to be determined. After consultation with police and other stakeholders, Bicycle Queensland has taken this step for the safety of participants. The decision to postpone has been taken with great reluctance as we are mindful of the disruption to all: riders, volunteers, and contractors. A new date will be announced as soon as possible.

game over :frowning:

Nothing official, but rumour has it’s new date as the 7th November.

Getting awful close if it’s true. Must be an immense job re-scheduling but there’s not that much of 2010 left to shoehorn it into.

November 7 has been announced as the new date.

so how many people are doing this and wat pace group???

kinda split , a few wanna go bad fast a few gonna go average pace

i’ll be the first one to crack, ill be crying like cadel by logan

ok so ill join you haha when it asks for an avergage speed whats every one else going with

it doesn’t really matter , go for the middle speed sector. once your out onto the roads it all gets scattered

i have a spare entry if anyone needs one. It was for my GF to do the Logan to GC, though she cant make the new date.
You can still do the bris-GC 100km with it.
Transfer
$55
Adam
0414 840 454

newbie question guys… how much water, gels or food are you packing for the ride?

i had 2 water bottles last year,at each of the stations they will have a water point etc.

2 bidons, a banana and a muesli bar. trying to avoid the rest stops where possible.