World Naked Bike Ride Sydney 2014

Hey everybody.

My girlfriend and I are starting to organize a World Naked Bike Ride for Sydney. March 8th.

There aren’t many details yet but we’re planning on starting from the Botanical Gardens and doing a little loop up Elizabeth across to George and back. Nice and easy.

Obviously if there are 5 people it’s terrible, so we want to get as big a crowd as possible. I’ve been working as a messenger for the last month so I’m going to round up as many of that lot as I can. We’ll be getting posters up and handed out to commuters but we want to get a crew from here as well. We want the whole cycle community to be involved, even people who have no inclination to ride their bike nude.

You don’t have to ride around with all your bits out. Undies, dress up foolishly, body paint, whatever. It’s just an excuse to have some fun and get the idea into some slow learning heads that we are very vulnerable on the road next to careening tones of metal. We’ll probably end up having beers at the end too.

The Facebook page is: Redirecting...

The Worldwide site: World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) - Naked Bicycle People Power! Stop indecent exposure to vehicle emissions!

Anyone who’s taken part of or better still organized one if these in Sydney or anywhere else it’d be great to hear from you. Even if you can’t make it, tell everyone you think might be interested

You can get us on the Facebook page or at danplusjorja@gmail.com

Cheers

Dan

Hey Dan,

send a message to Jake Lloyd Jones on Facebook…mention that Rod O’Hara (that’s me) told you get it contact. Jake has organised many Naked Bike rides in Sydney before and may be able to help you out, or at least give some pointers.

Here are some pics of the previous one he did:
Flickr: The Sydney Body Art Ride Pool

and the wiki is:

Sydney Body Art Ride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would travel to see this event in Sydney Australia for sure !

Thanks for that Rod, really appreciate it.

Should definitely outlaw use of aerobars, will cut down on cost of chunder clean up.