Your commuting records ?

Broke my best commuting time on the way home tonight on the SS roadie, from Eight Mile Plains to Parkinson (end of Algester Rd)
Whether geared or suspension or SS, previous best was about 33 min’s
on the undulating route.
Tonight I cracked the magic 30 min’s.
Got 29m55s rolling time for 14 kms at 28.0 avg of course. It’s got 48-20 gearing and 700C wheels.
52 kph max and had 6! dead stops for lights in that !
Well I was pleased anyhow :lol: am new to riding roadies.

What’s yours ?

You knocked 3 mins off.

Nice one.

Dare I ask… How large was the tail wind?? :wink:

46 Mins 22 Sec Eagle St (Riverside Centre) to Calamvale (Maywood Cres) two dead stops on a geared MTB.

12 Mins 11 Sec Cannon Hill State School to Southbank Train station One dead stop on a SS MTB

Lats - MTBs with gears and DJ/urban tyres just can’t compare I think.

Swanky - do you take Mains Rd ? that is damn fast ! I know the route, used to ride to the Valley once a week, won’t advertise THAT time :roll: :lol:

Yep, well DID, now its Wynmm Rd.

I’ts nice to get home fast but much more satisfying when you just have the perfect ride ie. nail all the trackstands (get rid of the freewheel Dillon) and take all the opportunities that the traffic gives you (running reds, splitting lanes and getting the jump across lanes to the next turn).

My ride is Wilston to Adelaide st in Bris via Lutwyche Rd, 10 fast 15 mins slow but heaps of challenges.

Stuffs me how you guys ride through the gap between cars at a red light in a narrow road and a full height kerb … while the cranks are spinning…BANG, DAMN ! BANG, DAMN ! :? :lol: or take a fast corner with a 45 deg lean while cranks are spinning. Full respect.

Haven’t clipped a pedal on a corner, but have taken out a few gutters. My LH candy is worse for wear.

In heavy traffic it’s easier to be like a motorbike and go up the middle, cars love hugging kerbs but give plenty of space to other scary cars

Hi all, (New to the forum).

I too have a ~14 km commute here in Sydney and am yet to crack the 30 minute mark. I can get oh so close from time to time though…

Dillon, it is only scary until you try it.
And that goes for everyone no matter how experienced they are now, read the FAQs on Fyxamatosis to her about how TC started.

I’ve clipped a cars mirror with my bars once, cut 50mm of the sushibars the next day and all good since. There’s normally heaps of room up the middle. With a good height BB and shorter cranks cornering is fine but obviously nothing like you gan do with a FW.

My best commute was 5 backwards circles on the first attempt (it’s a 5 minute ride to work, so I have to fill-out the time somehow).

hehehe… commuting PBs are dangerous things… always pushed me to run reds. My only commute that got a good going over was red hill to belco through civic in the can. quickest time was 26.45 on an early morn with a sizeable tailwind. i guess that wont mean much to many of you except maybe joel and dave. i gave it a%$holes EVERY morning trying to lower that mark.

Today is your day, I can feel it…

Of course we only push it on the hills to blow away geared riders :lol: as soon as you hear a click-click from them, as in a downshift, it is all over, they start dropping off 8)

Love that sound.

You then think.

I WIN!!! :lol:

i work at riverside too. I live at Wickham Tce., Spring Hill. It is all downhill from home to work. with all the lights i have done it in just over 1:10s. Hardly justifies getting in to the lycra.

Swanky- is that your orange SS i see hanging under the riparian ramp?

i work at riverside too. I live at Wickham Tce., Spring Hill. It is all downhill from home to work. with all the lights i have done it in just over 1:10s. Hardly justifies getting in to the lycra.

Swanky- is that your orange SS i see hanging under the riparian ramp?[/quote]

No Bruv, not me, I don’t work in Riverside anymore. I did last year, I had a Geared Trek 4300 then. It was stolen and INS has only just come through so I’ve only just recently (in the last month) built a Grey SS. I don’t live at Calamvale anymore either. I live near Cannonhill.

29:20
28.7 avg
Thanks Mr NW’ester :wink:

wanted to squeeze out every last shared second with my new lady friend sunday morning, left the house a little later than usual. My 14.08km commute took only 26 minutes for a 32.49 km/h average. 48/16.

All after being awake most of the night :slight_smile: She went back to sleep until 11:30 !

• Joel

Wrong stats Joel ! :wink:

what would you like to know? vicarious pervert :slight_smile:

• Joel