1952 Malvern Star - Five Star

I was just gonna put up the frame, but I have these wheels which someone might want. and the wheels are the only thing not original about it. I don’t want to spend any more money on it anyways. If you want to make it a sweet bike, take it off my hands.

Also to everyone reading, I am sorry about the 80km/h post, I meant 60km/h, I haven’t been riding for speed for a long time and forgot what I was talking about.

I’m going to call bullshit on 60km/h too, especially as you “haven’t been riding for speed for a long time”.

Unless of course you flung yourself down a hill and spun like fuck, but seeing as Stars wheels evaporate at 25km/h I’d say thats unlikely.

Just sayin…

i smell a head to head…

i just ate a steak and now i’m going riding

Ok, I’ll see what I can do tonight at the track in Beerwah. I’ll get back to you. I remember I was racing a mate in June last year (both with computers) and we were tipping 58km/h. This was when I first got the bike.

If I don’t have anything posted by 10pm, feel free to rip on me.

I’m not bothered, you posting in a couple of hours saying “Yeah I did it lol” isn’t going to change anything.

If you can hit that speed on that thing then fair play to you, I just have my doubts with the look of that gearing.

I didn’t do it. I was totally defeated. Nearly ran over my dog too. I only got 47 for 1 and a half minutes. My apologies. I’ll buy you a beer if I ever see you.

Plus now I’m embarrassed and feel like a huge wanker.

Haha have some rep for fessing up. I may just claim that beer one day…

You got me thinking about riding in the velodrome now. You might have been the boot I have needed to get back on the bike. I might just keep it now.

BTW I honestly only had a feint idea of the speeds I used to do on this bike. I was just trying to say it was deceptively quick.

I dont want to hi-jack your thread but far out its driving me crayze not finding the serial #.

I got nothing!..??
Ive cleaned the drops & lugs with turps - used a scourer to clean it up more
& a torch all over it to pick up any mark or stamp…

I am satisfied mine seriously does not have one…
I have spent nearly 2 hrs all up looking for it since ive had it.
Im wondering if genuine track versions didnt have them ( i doubt it )
or whether being a pro racer it was made specifically for him…?

anyone know any sites specific for MS 5 star info where 80yr grumpy old men hang out
& would have a wealth of knowledge in being able to track it down…??

DubLeg…what does yours have under the bottom bracket… any markings at all?

None under the BB, just on the dropout. You could very well have a custom build. That’s something to be proud of. You should probably take it to the guys at Tom Wallace Cycles. I’ve been directed to there a few times in regards to this stuff.

Have you tried IN the BB and the headtube? While unlikely its worth a shot.

Goose, post it up in the retro section of the BNA forums, some knowledgable guys there.

Hey, OP bike is for sale: Malvern Star, Five Star Track Bike | eBay

Chu wants?

was it BIN $500? someone was pretty happy with it, last one i saw went for $900ish, even without stars wheels!!!

Hi
I have a 5 star with road rear lugs serial number 52A66XX
Would this be 1952 ?
What would the A stand for ?
Looks much older than 1952

Gravedig much?

You’ll have more luck here