2015 World Tour thread

The front end on that Orbea looks slack as.

jesus look for orbea.

No one wants sram. To get on AG2R they paid a rumoured 5mil euro plus contra :o

I (genuinely) wonder why that is?

It will be interesting to see what the two new Giant frames are. Hopefully their non-Propel has an easily discernible top tube and seat stay, instead of it being the one ugly as fuck tube that runs from the head tube to the rear dropout.
(like this)

Gross.

Me too?

Hey sweet mixtie bro, oh, don’t worry.

Aero frames are gorss. Do not like.

The tinkoff tarmac. Non drive side you dickheads.

I wonder how they feel about using Rovals instead of Zipps this season. Are Rovals proven enough to descend Alps or Pyrenees? And FSA cranks? Odd mixes of components about this season.

Back to important matters.

duznt even need a chayne

I heard differently… (but from a very senior SRAM source, so bias may exist) that they arent that happy with the costs/benefits with supporting a WorldTour team. Even more so with FSA now entering the group market, and with disc brakes apparently coming to that level in 2016. They dont appear to have backed off their investment in the MTB and CX elite markets.

Interesting to see that a number of teams are paying for their own groups now (which has always happened but is now more evident).

True Glory right there James. Look at that shoe and sock combo. What a time to be alive!

Easiest way to see through the bias it is the distinct lack of Specialized bikes riding SRAM last year versus this year. Sure, they lost a fair bit in the recall but they also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way including some long time supporters (not just Mark Cavendish).

Also, Slipstream have been buying group sets for like, ever. They broke their contract with Pearl Izumi to switch to Castelli years back so PI sued to get back some R&D samples. Of course, the Japanese have a long memory so Shimano pulled the plug on their sponsorship and all their Dura-Ace has been purchased via the North American distro.

It’s poetry.

Yeah, I’m confident there’s a ton of bias there.

It’s going to take a while for OEMs to spec SRAM brakes in mass quantities again, guide might be great, but the recalls and issues linger.

Plus, until they have a tested and working e-shift, they’re unable to shift TT bikes as well as di2/eps due to the horrible convoluted cable paths required on todays machines.

Because sram is shite. And because they dont have di2. When it comes out, well hear about it.

yeah, i suspected bias… but given the number of group changes in the WT i thought it was interesting. it wasnt long ago campy only had one team on their stuff and its not like money (or equipment) grows on trees for the mid and low tier teams (<cough>europcar<cough>).

the big loser is zipp… doesnt look like anyone is on their wheels now.

I still maintain the first generation SRAM red, and the last ten speed record were probably the best groupsets ever made.

Ag2r are on zipp and sram. The only WT team for 2015

Me too! I’m gonna get me a eBay team kit and rock Corso repeats #profuckwit

just wait til fyxo does an AG2R 'omage…should be out in the next few dayz.