A Cricket thread

Testing the waters here, would a Cricket thread be considered declasse here at FOA?

Any cricket fans here? Bueller?

I can hear crickets…

Though to be fair, I am currently watching.

HMC is out currently, otherwise he’d be all over this…

Looks like the Safa’s might have been a overzealous playing Kallis, bowled for two - could be a match deciding issue, plus he cant bowl.

Good to see the two Mitch’s back, hopefully Ponting has a good final knock.

Hope he gets a duck. He should have finished 2 years ago imo.
Dead weight has-been.

If a cricket thread manages to kicks off, then I’m starting a Historiacal Navel Warfare thread, just to keep HMC away from the cricket thread

When Ponting was captain I was sick of him and his boring, conservative, monotonous fields and approach to matches. I no longer have any beef with Ponting, as soon as he left the captaincy, hes just another batsman and not that bad, he hs even changed his style to bat less square as his eyes get slower. Maybe it is finally time now though

Mitchel Johnson on the other hand.
When Mitch started he was just like any other young fast bowler, spraying the ball all over the place and taking some wickets on a good day. Spraying it all over the place and going for a million runs on a bad day. Now Mitch is… waaait.

I say its less of a gamble giving the 3rd, 4th or 5th fast bowler in line a go for this game. A young fast bowler has room to improve, Johnson keeps showing he doesnt have any.

I always thought Johnson was a confidence bowler. Of all our pacemen Johnson can clean 'em up if he gets a sniff and his heads in the right place. Of course if it’s not his day he can be very costly. I don’t think his inclusion is a bad thing, well worth the risk imo.

Just like Bradman.

I’m pretty impressed by Lyon, he was really getting the balls to move a fair bit down at Adelaide. Didn’t watch the cricket today cause I’m in Hawaii, but the I’d like to see how he goes at the waca being a finger spinner and all. Thoughts?

Lyon should bowl well in the 2nd innings, the rough created by the two left armers will assist him.
I’m a big cricket fan, doing more watching than playing lately.

The reception Lyons received when he came out to bat as night watchman, was hilarious. Everyone cheering thinking it was Ponting in the helmet.

Warner out, here comes Ricky.

And Ponting is out for 4, lbw.
Retirement looks to be the correct decision.

Lame day in Perth.

^ just waiting for the phone to ring for a call up, think i’ll give it a good go, can’t do worse. CMON aussies

shutup man. you have shitty taste.

very funny !!

Good lolz. Come on oz

Edit: We’re boned. . .