Alice Springs to Uluru via the Mereenie Loop

yeah but on rutted corrugations like that, it’s pretty easy to hit hard & sharp edges before you even see them.

oh man when you found the nut! so good!

Yup, lots and lots of pinch flats, would probably not have had a problem if I ran fatter tyres. I initially ran a lower pressure to relieve my butt from the corrugations but every so often I might have been going a little too fast and hit something and as soon as it happens you hear this twang and you know you’ll be seeing snake bites in a minutes time as you pull the tube out the tyre.

I eventually just ran my tyres at full pressure and dealt with the bumps to avoid pinch flats.

Incredible read. Thanks heaps for sharing.

Uploading the video now, should be done in an hour or two, will share when its done :slight_smile:

Here it is: The Missing Nut - Youtube

Prawza you mad man. I worked at Uluru as a Ranger for three years. Took a Steamroller with 38s out there with me. Was painful and sometimes impossible to ride on the dirt out there… So switched to a drop bar GT Peace 9R with the fattest tyres I could find.
Big kudos to you for doing it unsupported and on that bike!

where’s the fucking like button? Just too awesome man, so good. Wanna ride the Nullarbour with me, fixed?

@Bennyboy, its a fantastic part of the country, thanks! Fortunately not too much soft sand so didn’t have to get off my bike too much, but there were certainly sections where I had to push my bike for a bit.

@Marc, already ridden the nullarbor with gears, dont plan on riding it any time soon without!

Bottles And Chains » Owen Springs

Bottles And Chains » Desert Retrospective – Uluru to Pirrupakalarintja

Bottles And Chains » ‘Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday Sun’

Bottles And Chains » Desert adventures with Benny and Mishmash

Prawaz there are soooo many good rides out there… Check out the above links if you want some more NT dirt inspiration mate!