Anybody following the Giro?

A few questions:
Who is jai Hindley?
Has Cadel retired?
Can Richie Porte ever win anything again.?

1 Like

He nearly won the giro a few years ago, good lad from Perth

Who is Cadel?

Porte is finished

As above. Caleb abandoned after losing time after an early stage crash. Thunderstorms predicted for next few stages I think.

1 Like

I’ve been watching til about 10-10.30 at night, then catching up on the highlights in the morning. Been enjoying it. Not as predictable as a Pogacar-dominated le Tour, still a couple of different riders that could take it out. Enjoyed watching MvdP bury himself on the mountain stage last night, what a beast.

1 Like

yep same as me Jono. it’s been good sensations. GCN app working well for once.

like clockwork, Richie is gone. Feel bad for him on his last GT.

1 Like

Holy sh*t.

1 Like

I watched the first few go in the TT last night then caught up the last 4 or 5 this morning.
Oh boy.

Seems too easy. Cadel and Richie have given me PTSD over so many grand tours

1 Like

yeah, Jai had his Cadel/Richie moment 2 years ago. I was fully expecting some sort of mishap in the TT, pretty happy my pessimism was misplaced for once.

1 Like

absolute scenes.

1 Like

Anyone watching this year? I’ve been watching a bit before bed then catching up in the morning. Been pretty good. Remco out, but GC will hopefully still be a bit of a tussle.

Weather has been absolute filth. Imagine how grumpy everyone in the peloton is. And then tonight’s stage is *checks notes… the longest stage of the Giro at 219km! Ooooof!

Jeez it looks unpleasant over there right now. There was at least one snapped bike last night when someone went into a stone wall on a descent. With the F1 paddock being evacuated due to flood risk and possibly postponing the race due to rain, you know the weather is bad.

yeh looks grim as but the sensations are high.

GCN commentary elite.

1 Like