BB30 with adapter or find BB30 cranks?

So ive found myself in a situation where ive got a BB30 frame with GXP cranks

Ive got an FSA GXP adapter sleeve, but have read inconsistent reviews going this option.

Adapter wise, theres also the Wheels Manufacturing option (cups using BB30 bearings), or the Praxis option (full bearings and cup conversion) which probably seems the best if im going the adatper route.

Or should i just find a BB30 set of cranks? (and bearing set)

Has anyone noticed any real difference between using an adapter or using BB30 cranks? Or is it just weight? (ie extra sleeve/adatper

Leaving out the ‘its meant to use BB30 crank’ arguement for a moment, is there a real advantage/disadvntage etc either way?

Im leaning towards the praxis options but always interested in my foa brothers opinions

What cranks are they?

Just use the BB adaptor, thats what it is there for and is supplied with the frame new for this reason.

The sleeve weighs hardly anything anyways. I had two national road series teams running this set up with no complaints.

I have a THM bb30 sleave bb. That works like the Praxis unit. It’s so much better than the campag cup system which pushed out all the time.
The praxis bb is awesome. Defantly the best system available for 26mm cranks.
I’m on very good terms with the importer. I think I’ll see him today. Can find out the price and all that if you want

SRAM force gxp

Yeh, initially i didnt have a second thought, then i came across the praxis unit and it seems like a better overall unit. Not havig to use loctite seems better in my eyes

My LBS has the praxis unit for $90 with free install, i think the prices are pretty much the same overseas too? fairwheel has it for $80 so not sure if its going to be cheaper anywhere else? (unless i go used)

Im happy to spend a little extra to get a decent result.

fuck for $90 its a win…

the praxis set up is super nice and tidy… i totally rate there stuff. very well thought out.
with the alloy shell used in bb30 they can creak with press in adaptors and bearing shells… not what you want
a sleeved system is always gona be a better system

fuck for $90 its a win…

the praxis set up is super nice and tidy… i totally rate there stuff. very well thought out.
with the alloy shell used in bb30 they can creak with press in adaptors and bearing shells… not what you want
a sleeved system is always gona be a better system

Yeah sleeved is the clear winner,
I ditched campag press fit cups, they were good for about 3-4k then creaking
The new specialized system is miles better.
Just go the praxis for $90 installed.

hmm…their website says its not compatible with SRAM GXP/Campy UT cranks

well thats a downer

Campy is a 25mm spindle I think

boo thats crap…

the wheels mfg is the next best option :frowning:

Apparently praxis are currently working on a GXP version, then the campy UT.

I think the FSA is the way to go for now, im liking the full sleeve over cups to be honest. FSA also say its able to be removed if desired via their tool.

Guess its a LBS job

The FSA sleeves are easy to press in if you have a bb press/headset press/or even just a long enough length of threaded rod with some nuts and washes.

The loctite supplied isn’t the super crazy shit, so if you ever decide you want it out, take it to the LBS and they’ll be able to push the sleeve back out.

How much more would you have to pay for BB30 Force cranks?

cheers dude, thats what the manual says so looks like the way to go

second hand ones ive been offered for abou $50 for a set of 2010 cranks only, no rings. Brand new think 250-300ish? plus a bb30 bearing/circlip/washer kit.

I could find someone to trade with i guess, but cant be farked to be honest.

think ill just use my FSA sleeve until the praxis becomes available

cheers boys

use the FSA sleeve. follow the instructions on the loctite. preferably don’t use the supplied lactate (609, from memory) which is the weakest bearing retainer compound that they make. Go for 680 or 638, and leave them for 24hrs to cure.

creaking fsa sleeves are a result of incorrect installation, or factory installation (which is very rarely done properly).

I used the supplied Specialized adaptors that came with my Crux, running FSA SL-K Lights (GXP) and they’ve worked a treat. They are very similar to the Wheels Manufacturing model.

I’m yet to have any experience with the Praxis model, but I’d assume that they’d be pretty good going by their standards.

W. just posted some for sale he needs your style pm him for a swap jase

Wow, it’s a match made in heaven.

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f6/carbon-sram-force-cranks-25973/

May the force be with you both.