bells

you will be singing a different tune the day a car runs a red and hits a cyclist.

I do beleive that in George Orwells book Animal farm there is quote just for this…

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”

It’s all fun and games until someone gets crucified. Happy Easter!

"You get used to it … I don’t even see the lights. All I see is … blond, brunette, redhead … "

edit: Is it that the cops are enforcing the law, or that they’re doing it punitively after being mocked by one courier? If they were serious about enforcing red lights they’d set up a couple of camping chairs at the bottom of Brunswick St and ‘blitz’ the commuters turning left out of Victoria Pde, but that would hardly be pro-active policing either. Choosing to dispense collective punishment in response to one person doing the wrong thing is vindictive and sends a rather different message than the one they were hoping for - that cops are all :wink: s and the law is theirs to interpret subjectively on the day, quotas etc

It’s this kind of retaliatory policing that pisses me off the most.

If a black guy robbed a store, would they spend the week going round searching black guys…

yes

It’s this kind of retaliatory policing that pisses me off the most.
[/quote]
Off to the OPI then … Leaving your hypothetical aside for the moment :mrgreen: … what could counter this? A ‘zero tolerance’ period of complete disregard for the law? A ‘Jake Day’ (shit we just missed it) where all bets are off and everyone goes hammer and tongs and is as confrontational as possible? That’d end in tears :cry:
Do they expect riders to change … do riders expect the cops to change … who’s gonna blink first …

forget the safety of the cyclist running the red light, they can hurt themselves whenever they like. however think of a retardo driver who gets startled by seeing someone on a bike cut across the intersection.

they freak out: swerve to avoid hitting the cyclist, crash/pile up/plough into a big crowd of pedestrians on the corner of lonsdale and swanston/hit a pole kill themselves/whatever
while the cyclist continues through unscathed cos he(orshe) has uber traffic navigating skillz

not to mention that you make the rest of us look like assholes.

forget the safety of the cyclist running the red light, they can hurt themselves whenever they like. however think of a retardo driver who gets startled by seeing someone on a bike cut across the intersection.

they freak out: swerve to avoid hitting the cyclist, crash/pile up/plough into a big crowd of pedestrians on the corner of lonsdale and swanston/hit a pole kill themselves/whatever
while the cyclist continues through unscathed cos he(orshe) has uber traffic navigating skillz

That’s too much of a logical slide. What if he swerves to avoid the cyclist and crashes into a 19 year old girl who would have gone on to cure a particular type of whisker cancer that only affects ginger kittens. What then huh? He just killed (for all intents and purposes) infinity kittens. Motherfucker.

Seriously though, if you jump a red and cause an accident then you weren’t safe to jump the red in the first place and you shouldn’t have jumped the red. Tautological, to be sure, but welcome to my everyday.

And the messenger who started all this (and the reason I have a bell on my ride now) jumped a red, but didn’t cause an accident of any kind (let alone one which killed an infinite number of kittens-in-potentia) he just got spotted by the heat, nothing more. That’s just straight up bad luck. You could argue that he should have stopped and taken the fine or whatever, but it’s not going to give the rest of us (messengers) less of a persecution complex. When you’ve been asked to move your bike because a camera can see it, it’s hard to take that shit seriously. We’re always going to be hassled in some way, this is just what it is this week. If your only motivation is not to be hassled then you’re in the wrong gig.

Hopefully next week they can crack down on smacktards on mobile phones who jay walk right in front of me. Hand to god the next person who does that I’m not even going to brake for.

smacktards on mobile phones

today as i was waiting for the green two peds j walked in front of me. A man in a van was turning right but they were in his way. He was driving while on the phone. In a fit of rage he sticks his hand (holding the phone) out the window and shakes it at the peds. it seemed to be a common thought at the lights that this guy was a fuckwhit.

No, you’ll pull a sweet endo and they will die knowing that they could never match your mad skillz.

jesus.

whos 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th?

kittens die. noone runs the red, nonone swerves. Noone dies. Kittens live. Muthafucka

Hah! Well, I did ask. :wink: