Best Thing You've Bought on FoA

Surprisingly enough, some cloth nappies!

have a kudos

No bought but borrowed. Blakey loaned me a set of panniers sometime around 2012-13.
Life changer.

I swapped my 165mm Sugino75 for a 170mm set, that have now been on almost every bike I’ve owned.
Fairly sure I swapped them with Jontay, who I may have also bought a Kryptonite chain lock off. Still use that also.

I rate this thread highly!

I bought my Pompino frame from Angry back in 2015. Learning to build a bike from scratch, and getting to ride it several days a week, has brought me much happiness, peace, calm, and satisfaction over what has often been a supremely difficult time in my life. I am grateful every time I get to ride.

Oh, and I can also safely say that Blakey’s splatter bike pedals are not cursed.

V1 Grovel from Harry. Maybe not technically on the FoA for sale thread, but wouldn’t have happened without FoA. It’s now my kiddie hauler and I gotta say that family bike rides to the pub are the best.

Oh the Surly 1x1 from Duncan ages ago. The bike that I’ve ridden when I’m happy, ridden when sad, taken out on long solo weekday birthday rides, toured in Europe and taken me over the Stelvio with the person who would become my wife. It hurt me the last time I raced, not crashed just so many cramps and blisters, so much it was the last time I raced, full stop. And it’s carried both my boys and me at the same time as the ultimate dad bike. That was not a bad purchase.

Can’t be that great if your selling it! :wink:

Subscription

WP_20150527_22_23_00_Selfie by PiledHigher, on Flickr

This, I miss the FOA t-shirts.

nickj had a site running for a while where you could buy all of the old designs, i’ll find out if it’s still running…

YOU’RE IN LUCK!!

I could do with another FOA cap - mine has been my go to cap for a few years now. Surprised it’s still going strong.

Maybe it’s time for another round of FOA caps…

Yeh I thought of that as soon as I bought the new one. It did me really well for ages but now I’ve got a larger, waterproof bag.

I’d be in, just in time for summer

Fantastic! and they now come in ELFB!

I bought Bricktop/Asher’s Merckx 4 years ago and I’m still getting a kick out of it!

There’s been a few but the bushellini (aka a bundy) pista (that i havent built up but regularly look longingly at)
Mainly because it was from spirito and the circumstances behind the sale embodied the relationships built up through this site. plus the way he packed it to fit into AusPost regulation sizing taught me a lot about sending packages :wink: