Best wheel builder in brisbane

forgot to add in a cash equivalent for the “pimp factor” provided by way of the blue ano

I am going into Gear today and will drop coin next week @ gear seems most logical way forward and will incur the least wrath from other forum users.

Have never been on a forum where new people are treated so poorly, sorry I will not post any more threads unless it is vital

In this case, squeakiest N00b gets high quality teflon/lithium based lubricant.

:frowning:

Rac_Dh This forum is a wealth of knowledge if you used the search function… Many of these topics are covered more than once…

The guys in Gear will sort you out… The guys on this forum are a really good bunch of lads you just have to go about your posting with respect and read and learn before you post…

Dubrat out!!!

Second this. Been on the forum for over a year and have only had a few posts. Talk to Gear and use the Search function, it’s your friend.

you just gotta keep in mind that if you post something in the wrong section/ask the wrong questions the world may well will stop spinning, thus our devoted moderators act quickly to avoid such potential disasters.

lol “dubrat out!!!”

HAHAHAHA, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Thanks for all the kindness.

So did you order them>?

Not yet,

Getting stuff sorted for frame atm …

Leader 721 tr 2.5 or Collosi … Leader is cheaper and aluminum Colossi is Steel and more expensive.

On the wheel front a mate has the Halo Aerotrack’s and recomended i get them so now doing some research on them (here and google)

Hey Rac_DH, Email info@gearbrisbane.com and ask erik to see what $350 wheelsets he can get his hands on. We might not have them instore today but i am sure we can find something. I would check but i am in the USA and won’t be home for a few weeks.

• gypsy

I have a leader 721, nice clean welds and rides well with a carbon fork. If you build it up with quality parts you’ll have a nice bike without spending a ton of money.

sounds like $$$ are guiding your build a bit, so go the leader, you can always (and more than likely will) upgrade if you stay on a fixed wheel, gurantee it.

miche pistards off wiggle can be good value too, probly a good step up from the halo for not much more

Yea you are correct $$$ are a driver… the Halo wheel set is 200 bucks so looks like a legit step up form quando hubs and no name rims.

I really like the look of the Leader bikes they looks sick just not sure how unconfortable it will be in comparison to a steel frame … would i know the difference??

So far I am looking at auild consiting of …

Leader frame (matte black)
Leader fork (matte black alloy till I can afford carbon)
Halo wheels (black)
Tektro brake (black)
outer and inner
27.2 mm seat post
not sure on seat post collar requirement
no rise /zero stack head set
bottom braket square taper
I have DX clips for foot retention
I have a set of brand new shun cranks
I have 1 1/8th XC stem OS
I have OS bars (765mm wide)
I have Grips
I have CX bake lever

Here is my build mate,

Leader 721 2011 - Pedal Room

Looks the buisness … Rad build.

how does it feel on the road?

It rides well on the road, like I said before with the carbon fork it makes the ride smoother. I commute on a eightinch frame/fork and can notice the difference, steel absorbs a lot of the vibration.

my thoughts on your proposal

these for $230

its only $30 more to get a carbon fork at gear, if you’re worried about ride comfort on an alloy frame, then this is the item not to cheap out on. if you look on ebay hard enough, theres a bounty of carbon road forks, many new and unused, that will do the job for under $100
this ebay search has loads.[/QUOTE]

have you checked that the width of your bottom bracket spindle will give you correct chainline?
another good crank option are roselli, from gear, $120 gets you cranks, chainring and matching bottom bracket

wow wide bars, cutting them down?

i’m sure you’ve used the search function on the forum, i found it to be not all that helpful to be honest, searches were too general or too specific, and there’s always sheldon, i have found loads of good info here.

Hey check your pm’s rac_dh

re: scotts advice, dont skimp on wheels, those are radial(front anyways) and dont have enough spokes. srsly. go see eric, i cannot stress this enough, skimp on other shit if you have to, fuck ride with out tape/grips if you have to. but when it comes to wheels, do it right

EDIT: sorry, to explain myself better, i rode shit wheels long enough to apprecuate what i have now. and from my experiance, when shit goes wrong fixed its catastrophic. IMO dont skimp on wheels or cranks, 2 integral parts of the bike and if right ones bough u can near keep them a lifetime and upgrade other shit as you go