Big Bundy SLX

Ditto to above ^ !!

Buy-it-now price has been added? I didn’t realise you could add that after starting an auction. I’m out, don’t have the funds, well I do, it’s more of a ‘I don’t need to give the better half something to complain about’ :wink:

Probably the number of watches on it

shit, i just noticed the lugs on this…bloody nice.

I think because it had no bids. $280 goo’ plice.

My Hillman has a weirdly low BB like this as well… It’s only a 54! Must be an Aussie thing!

Too good a price…sold. Not to me, but if I’d seen that BIN when it went up, it would’ve been mine.

fuck
anyone here?

Sorry guys my 97cm inseam heard it calling :stuck_out_tongue:

^ good buyin son!

muh’fugga. what time did he put a BIN on it?
if it doesn’t fit, hit a brother up :slight_smile:

Between 6 & 830pm last night. Sat there for over 12 hours.

damn. coulda swore i looked at it last night. musta been just before he put the BIN on, cos he sent a response to a question i had around that time… seriously FUCK!

The listing title still said “$50 starting bid” when i bought it even though the starting bid had been put up to $100 and the BIN put on.
Confused me for a second (though that’s easily done)

Hey Avvocato check your PM’s if you are still willing to pick this up and send to Melbourne.

TL;DR: I’ve had this thing in my posession since monday and all you guys cursing the fact that you missed should probably thank me :stuck_out_tongue:

Gorey details:

I think I need to found a RSPCBT (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Bicycles by Triathletes) I think the previous owner may have used the poor bike on the swim leg of a triathlon rather than the bike leg :"(
In no particular order the following I noticed the following*:
Seat post bolt installed on the wrong side, chewing up the lug
seat clamp bolts are hellicoiled (badly) and the whole assembly quite chewed up
NDS crank has 3mm that’s 3mm DEEP of shoe rub, seriously how can you chew that far into a crank and not notice?
Couldn’t get the DS crank off cos the extractor thread has been tapped out oversize (hopefully to a TA puller size cos the DS crank is free from structural strength reducing shoe rub.
Frame was painted with BB in and has clear over the bike addiction stickers
The seat post eventually succumbed to a long length of tube over the set back thingee to apply torque, liberal applications of WD40 and the combined efforts of me and MrsFROG.
Inside the seat tube appears to be filled with a mixture of rust and mud and the frame and fork makes rattling noises like it’s full of scale. I’ve since honed the inside of the seat tube with a brake cylinder hone and the seat post can now be installed and removed by mere mortals of less than average strength (me)

The pedals flats are rounded off and only the NDS has a hex on the inside, which didn’t help anyway
the brake levers and rear derrailleur are covered in gouges but seem to still work fine.

On the plus side the wheels are true, have stainless spokes and despite some wear to the front cones spin quite smoothly with some grease and adjustment

I slapped it all back together last night and coasted up and down my driveway and found it pulls to the right. to avoid supprise doorings, it’s a feature not a fault.

Like the n00b that I am I left feedback already, cos i didn’t really care if i had to junk the whole gruppo and the frame looks fine from the outside, and i’d be out ~$180 in shipping costs if i did send it back (no shipping include in auction had to arrrange it myself)

*yes quite a few of these things are quite minor but there are sooo many of them