Boardgames

Dominion
Seven Wonders
Kingdom Builder

My wife’s folks are games nuts. They literally have an entire floor to ceiling cupboard full of board and card games, so we’re always trying something new.

Ezy, you and your wife are welcome to come over and have a dinner and games night if you like.

leave your keys in the bowl by the front door.

well, this thread just got interesting.

Omg i read about this in the Good Weekend the other day!

that guy was so keen.

man, i have no idea what i would do in that situation.

played a shitload of cards i high school, mainly Big2. Many a fun lunchtime was had, including jumping from seats to slam your cards down

+1, or skip-Bo for card games can be pretty fun and competitive/uncompetitive as you make it

Gin rummy can be a good game if both players are into it.

It doesn’t really work if there’s only two couples.

Besides, you might find EZ’s moustache a bit scratchy.

S’all good, I condition it.

I’ll ask the wife then

Hungry Hungry Hippo.

oh man, Risk. So serious. I remember going deep on a game called hero quest also.

Really want to put in the effort to learn how to play mahjong at some stage soon.
A couple of friends play, I have no idea what’s going on but throwing rad little tiles into the centre of a table all nonchalant has a certain appeal.

And you can use lines likes “you konged my pong”

Sweet - thanks everyone for your suggestions. I just spent most of the night watching youtube videos of Will Wheeton playing board games and I feel super nerdy. I can’t believe how much choice there is out there.

Jenga, manopoly

+1 for Settlers of Catan. Works ok with 2 people, great with more. For two people though I think it’s hard to go past chess.

With more people, would recommend Amun Re, Cosmic Encounter, the Resistance, and good old Balderdash. All have really different mechanics/styles but all really fun.

This. I have the original version in German. Die Siedler von Catan.

10/10 would play again.