Boonah Overnighter

I’m planning an overnighter to Boonah on the weekend of the 28-29th March.

It’s all still in the planning stage, but I wanted to let anyone interested know so they can plan their own bits.

The ride will start and finish from Rosewood (end of the Ipswich line). 1st day is about 85km, 2nd day 65km (because beer). It’s not very hilly and will be a mix of bitumen and as much gravel as I could find. The first day in particular has a disappointing large amount of bitumen.

You can travel light and stay in the pub or camp at the showgrounds. There may even be a trailer like last time, haven’t gotten to that.

Yep I’m in

Keen

I’m keen if I have a suitable bike by then.

Will be down at The Piney. Google Sites: Sign-in

interested!

Going off random street-views of the route, the gravel bits look do-able on skinny tyres

Reckon I’m gunna rock slicksss

semi keen but wont stay overnight is there any way to get back that night???

you could ride back to ipswich?
it’s just under 50ks.
bit of a shit road but

out, got my mum’s 70th that weekend :frowning:

was thinking that would be the way but would only be keen if someone else was

Totally agree with Zach. Slicks or file treads is all that’s needed.

I checked out the accommodation last night. Camping is about $10, pub $70. The pub is haunted.

Wife / car to pick you up?

If I can get the cross bike geared by then I’m definitely in

That route takes you by lake moogerah. Definitely suggest stopping there for a quick dip/cool down and an icey pole. It’s an awesome spot

This still going ahead? I’d be keen with my roadie.

I’m interested in driving down Sat arvo, then riding back Sunday - you can drive my car back to Bris (manual).

I’m still keen, planning on camping, my tent is a (small) 2 man if anyone else wants to rough it

I’m planning on camping too zach. I’ve got my own gear though.

I don’t have enough $$ to buy new tyres so I’ll be running knobblies. see how I go I guess. Unless anyone has some 30-40mm file tread laying around I could buy for cheap?

Anyone familiar with the camping spot? Are bikes safe enough just locked up outside the tent?

i have a pair of these in 30mm you can borrow if you want - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/schwalbe-cx-comp-cyclocross-bike-tyre/rp-prod24615

just crappy wire beads, but will get the job done, did the Mt Alford Gravel Grinder with Brad on these, went ok

can pick em up in ipswich or wacol during work hrs by prior arrangement. Dont steal them on me though, I hope to need them again eventually :slight_smile: