Bridges of Brisbane 2

Im out. chipped bone of my ankle yesterday.

You’ve got checkpoint duty then. Speaking of, I do need some volunteers for the night, anyone keen?

That was my next question. Im in. My checkpoint involves drinking rootbeer right?

I’m obviously out too

keen for checkpoint duty dan

I can pitch in for checkpoint duty. Dont feel like riding as of late.

Thanks, I will put you boys down for checkpoint duty, and provide plenty of refreshing beverages to help you perform your official duties. Anyone else?

Dan! After all my encouragement of Dave, I realise I have a gig that night so can’t ride at all! Hopeless.

All we need to do now is get rid of Gypsy - then there can be a real contest for the win. Hell, even Steven Bradbury migt have a chance.

^Laxatives lots of laxatives.

SNAP!!! Less than two weeks to go kids. Time to start getting serious about your route planning and to start tapering. I’ve decided to help a few of you out (without giving away too many secrets) by drawing a route map. Please yourself how you pick your own route but this one is pretty fail safe.

Checkpoint locations:
Hill climb start point. Hill climb end point

Sprint start point. Sprint end point.

Checkpoints for the Go Between, Kurilpa and Goodwill bridges will be at the midpoint of each bridge. For the William Jolly bridge the checkpoint will be on the GOMA side of the bridge closer to the South Brisbane end. The checkpoint for the Victoria Bridge will be at the corner of the bridge and Queens Wharf Rd. Story bridge will be halfway and able to be passed either way on either the cycleway or road.

Sponsors will be updated in the next 24 hours. Prizes for the GC, KOM and Sprinter, plus some special prizes for anyone who brings a bit of panache to the night.

I have a full keg of homebrew just for this, the lounge will be setup for the tour after the race, and I’ll be putting on some food as well. $5 to help cover the food would be great. As I’ve mentioned already, and this is particularly for the GC boys and any other interstate crew coming there is room to crash here for the night. Same goes for any of the Brissie crew. Just bring a mat and sleeping bag and I’ll find some floor for you. Start and finish is at mine so you’ll be able to leave gear here. Address is 2/16 Leonard St, Woolloongabba. Enter at the back of the house via Railway St.

I’ll take a checkpoint if you’re still one short, Dan.

I’m going to sit on my arse at a checkpoint aswell :slight_smile:

and drink plenty of dan’s beer.

More like “Checkpointers of Brisbane”, am I right ladies?

i lol’d.

you’ll be racing right jamie? last event in brisbane before you head to EU-rape?

so the hill climb isnt up gladstone anymore dan? it ends where t j doyle meets gladstone?

Yeah just that little section. Otherwise it constrains peoples route choices too much.

sickness, looking forward to it

only questioned im asking myself is - fixed or cx?

back in the day, you were man enough to do alleycats on a dually craig… you’ve gone soft

hell yeah. i still calm that i won my first one (the poker run) on it. unfortunately i sold the reign on february.

just realised this is the same night as doomriders. fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu