Bris Cyclocross

It is with much regret, that due to factors not under my control, I have had to cancel the Darra Cyclocross race. The decision doesn’t come easy as I have spent the best part of a year organising for it.

As a result, I am redoubling my efforts and sending lots of e-mails and making lots of phone calls. All in the hope, that another (even better) race can be put together.

In the meantime practice those skills and set your site for the QLD Cyclocross Championships

That’s a real bummer, you guys sounded so pumped for this.

Sorry to hear this mate… I was looking forward watching this!

It’s not over yet. Just think of it as deferred to a latter date.

Best of luck with the rescheduling, sorry to hear the original plan hasnt worked out

I’m pretty keen to get a cx bike now after all this talk,

El Brado, how about you come down with Scott for the next Melbourne race? Go onnnnnnn!

I’m almost thinking of moving the house to Melbourne.

Coming down for a Deeds race is something I will very seriously consider.

Brad, if you come down for the 26th August round I will personally pay for your race entry into A & B grade so you get a whole bunch of racing in. Plus, you can share the spare room with the cat.

do it!!!

OMG a personal one-on-one with dickhead cat!!!

Brad, I was looking forward to participating on the day - especially having enjoyed the other arvo at Murrarie learning some of the necessary skills. So what happens next? do you need some more help to get CX out there? Happy to assist, just let me know. I guess I’d better focus on Ipswich…

Might I just say, mudsters of the universe is an awesome name and the flyer rocks

Charlieboy - thanks for the offer, from what I can tell there are never enough volunteers at any cycling event.

Hamishf - thanks also, I was trying to think of a name that was a bit more Queensland, but didn’t think Pineapple Fritter Cross had any ring to it.

I’ll make sure your race efforts dont go unnoticed (unless its in A grade) - im pretty good with the cowbell nowadays.

CX Flyer 2012a.jpg

OK Brisbane CX desperadoes.

Go and get a pencil and a calendar, then use that pencil to put a big circle around the 1st September.

By the end of today you will be tracing that circle with ink.

If you’d like to sharpen your cyclocross techniques, I’ll be holding a skills clinic (or lack-of-skills clinic if you like) at Limestone Park, Ipswich on Sunday 5th August at 2.30 pm, where the velodrome used to be. We’ll practice dismounting at speed, re-mounting while running, and shouldering the bike. Send me an message if you want to come so I can plan how many beers to bring.

Scott (notriks@mac.com)

looks like ill be waiting till next year to get onboard the bris cross wagon, wont be back in time.

gives me time to find a nice cross bike at least… will be in touch sometime in late sept to see what I can assist with organisational wise.

In case you missed it:

Mudsters of the Universe (take 2)
Saturday 1st September 2012
Registration from 11am. Racing from 12pm
Presented by Balmoral Cycling Club
Murarrie Recreation Ground

At this stage categories will be:
Juniors
Open (any bike)
A & B cyclocross

Entries will open soon

Visit the Mudsters website in my sig for more details.