Bullshit claims to fame.

I think it may have been “shit claims to fame”

I once told Oasis when I was in a band in school that one day they’d be supporting us.

I played this show. It was our first show.

The singer of PGMG was sick, so our singer filled in.

Apparently there is an interview with the singer of Les Savy Fav saying it was one of the best shows he’s ever played.

As have I.

When AFI toured here the first time they specifically asked my band to play. Then at the show I got my 10 year anniversary stagedive in on the same stage I did my first ever stagedive off.

I went to school with Shane Yost, and we were good mates.

That’s all I’ve got.

danny green went to my school. and some riccardo kid whose good at driving cars apparently.

My now 14 year old did 2 appearances on Rove when he was 6. People would recognise him for about a year after and ask for one of his cards. Always young women too.

i hit on bridget from neighbours.

I had a beer with Kaiser Wilhelm II’s great, great cousin, or at least a minor descendant. He claimed to live with an albatross that reputedly gave him excellent back rubs in return for weather forecasts (because it couldn’t get its head around weather charts) Anyway, he ended up kicking it out on account of the fact that it never paid rent while it was migrating, and was a prodigious shitter when it wasn’t.

My granddad was asked to ride in Hubert Opperman’s cycling team in the 30s. He declined.

My uncle is a Michelin star chef and has cooked for members of the royal family in London, as well Rowan Atkinson and Nicole Kidman.

My wife had a chat to Matthew Bellamy of Muse at a Big Day Out afterparty

gary lightbody has snorted coke at a party in my flat, owes me 20 quid coz ‘he was a bit short’ and we needed booze for said party, and is a bit of a fuckwit. his house is fuckin baller, i dunno why i gave him 20 quid.

Thread title changed.

shame.

My Parents met Gordon Ramsey’ brother, or at least, ‘some homeless traveler guy in France who bares a striking resemblance to Ramsey and frequents restaurants where he interrupts baby boomers on holiday to tell them he’s Gordon Ramsey’s brother’

I read it as bullshit = not very good as opposed to bullshit = factually incorrect.

I hung out with Andrew G and James Matheson once or twice. James bought me a beer.

I was once at a party with The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and I met Spike Jonze. shook his hand and he said “hi i’m spike”, that’s all that was said.

A friend of mine once shut the door to a room in John Safran’s face.

ps awesome thread.

My ex entered me in a competition and was in the final draw. To “win” the competition, I had to announce a song on the Kyle and Jackie O show and they would pick the best announcer. I think it was a Ja Rule song. I said something like “This is Livin’ It Up by Ja Rule and everyone should go support independent music, not this commercial bullshit”. Kyle Sandilands was pretty pissed, but Jackie O was into it. Despite it all being pre recorded, it wasn’t edited out.

I didn’t win the grand prize (a day in the studio with them), but I still won $1800.

Wait, should this be a true confession?

Thread title changed back.

^^ That’s pretty rad. I’m going to listen to Liberation Frequency to celebrate.

The radio thing, not the thread title.

My friends mum worked as an accountant on the set of a movie with Natalie Imbruglia and it was filmed just down the road from our old house.

At a bar, a friend (who was a bit drunk) told Abi Tucker he loved her in Party Of Five. At the time she was starring in the Australian drama The Secret Life Of Us, not a US TV series.