Bundy track is dead!

Glad you’re okay. poor bike :frowning:

I wish you a speedy recovery.

So what happened? drivers fault?

Glad to hear you’re okay

IMO unequivocally the driver’s fault. Yet to talk to police regarding the official conclusion (I was a bit spaced out when they visited me in hospital), but I’ll update tomorrow.

oh shit man you too! that’s bad news. must have been a big hit to do that to your frame.

Very sad to hear about your misfortune. Hope you heal fast and I’m sure we’ll all keep our eyes open for another big frame.

Unlucky. wrong place at the wrong time. wish u a speedy recovery!

Atleast your okay

Eyes peeled for a massive replacement frame…

Beach Rd? Fat lady with no neck or chin? :wink:

In all seriousness hope you heel well and you find another monster frame.

NO!!!

This is my worst nightmare purely because frames this size are so hard to come by!
I hope it all works out for you, and that you recover from whatever injuries you have.

Quick update, thanks for the messages.

Spoke to police, van driver admitted fault, he’s been fined and lost his license for a year. He was coming from the opposite direction and did a right hand turn straight into me. Ambo to hospital, broke two vertebrae, luckily no spinal cord/nerve damage, should be back on the bike (back to normal) in a month or so.

So, I’m hoping/expecting to hit up his insurance company for a new bike. Who are the best frame builders in Sydney/Australia?

some good news there, although I wish you luck with his insurer.

Frame builders in Sydney? Try Paul Hillbrick.

If you want to start at the top (price) end look to Llewellyn and Baum :smiley:

Bundy is building bikes again… I’ve seen one of them and its made me immiediately wish i was 10cm shorter (and willing to steal from a good friend :evil:).

Hope the insurance process runs smoothly! Happy hunting for a new steed. New bike day is the best.

ahahahhahaha
what the hell is up with that pic!

Its new bike day dude. Its like all your xmas’ have come at once.

Thanks CC… all builders I was looking at yesterday! Might be easiest to convince the insurance company to replace a Bundy with a Bundy.

Very wise - good to learn another fine aussie builder is building.

Have you been through this process before? Any tips?