Bundy track is dead!

Not in the same context, but I have been burgled/robbed a couple of times and it was just way easier dealing with the insurer on replacing like with like, rather than arguing the toss over cash value equivalents > Example is some bespoke jewellery of my wife’s - my insurer was perfectly happy for the original designers to remake the pieces (at higher cost than I originally paid) rather than go through getting valuations for stuff we didn’t have any more. It helped that I had the original receipts, descriptions and serial numbers so the designers could recreate from their records of the pieces.

(Bundy might still have a build sheet or card with details of your original frame?)

I suppose the difference here is that I was the policy holder, you’re not.

perkins still builds frames to
they an’t cheap and he an’t fast but they are real nice…

perkins bycyle frames
19 bowen st oakleigh
VIC

Post mortem pics are back:

So everything is sorted with insurance I take it? Good work, hope your still all good!

Did you just go through his insurance or did you have your own through bike vic?

Hope you got it all sorted.

Yeah, I’ve got a claim number with his insurance, I need to get quotes for everything that was damaged and fax them in. The only things that survived were my boxers and my shoes… everything else was scratched, cracked or cut off by the ambo crew/doctors.

I called Bicycle NSW (I’m a member) but the lady didn’t offer much insight regarding insurance, but I didn’t need to pursue it anyway. I know their insurance covers races and scheduled training, I’m not sure of what is covered in terms of commuting/individual training.

The insurance companies sometimes like to inspect then keep the damaged goods.

quit it dude, 25 repetitive banal posts like this will end up getting you banned, rather then access to classifieds.

that’s what i learnt form my last stack, no matter how small-if there’s any damage to ANYTHING get their insurance details, home addy and license details.

Still seething about not been able to get money out of the Cun that hit me.

end rant.

P.S looking forward to see what the new bundy looks like.

You really don’t read much do you :roll: :roll: :roll:

maybe broken bikes are the new hipster

Looks somewhat similar to a comment made at the same time in another thread. He just likes all kinds of bikes it seems!

Back on a new bike now which is good, I’ll post some pics when it is finished the way I want it. Looking forward to getting amongst it again in the new year. And got a check from the insurance company which is great just before xmas. But I’d still prefer it never happened!

Some of the damage, I basically had 3 of these.
Left: fractured vertebrae. Right: normal vertebrae.

Geebus :-o

Damn, 3 fractured vertebrae, were they consecutive or undamaged ones between? Always seems scary close!

The bundy has a bit of a broken back too, and a whole lot of toe overlap (and down tube overlap).

Hope the new bike and healed back are just as good as previously.