Caad 10 revival

no, in the bad old days I rode 44s (lol), and most recently rode 40s. I knew Adam Hansen rode 38s so was curious, since he’s such a big lad. Nick sold me on them and I am now a total convert.

I’m not someone who is that fussed about aero, but it does make your whole front end a bit more compact. And very comfy! Having bars too wide can lead to back and shoulder pain, none so far!

I had a bike fit with Steffo in November and he gave everything the tick of approval. SENSATIONS.

1. You must’ve had a shit mechanic, I’ve got 6700 and it’s still tiptop after 15000km
1 Like

Yeah, in fairness it worked fine. I just didn’t like the feel of it. I found the throw too far and the shift always felt a bit off to me. Meaningless shit but also not.

Still have it in a box tho.

I feel you. The hidden cable ten speed Shimano groups were the worst in a long time.

#thanksshimano

yeh. Wasn’t it something to do with the angle the cable was routed at? Like very sharp at the brifter? I’ve repressed the details.

An an aside, Chorus is a real joy.

Chorus is better than 6700, agreed. Now wondering about shimergoing my bike. I think about this every couple of years.

Yeh I don’t have any Shimano v campag thing going on, they are both great imo. But I just really like the 11s generation of Campag stuff. I love the ergonomics and I love the shift characteristics.

Just do what I do…get a nice 6700 group and don’t ride it much as the Force-equipped bike. Can’t wear out what you don’t use headtap.jpg

1 Like

do you need/want some campy 11v shakes?

Possibly. I’ve been toying with this for a couple years. Shimergo 11->10 is good with hubba-bubba routing, right?

yep, have some setup like that now

Oh boy. Sensations thread is getting hijacked by Sheldon Brown

3 Likes

FOA is back baby!

3 Likes

Are the pre or post 2015 change Campy shakes better for shimergo shannanigans?

Blessed Sheldon, RIP never forget.

Rode sensations chariot 70k in sun today, Lee Turner said “nice bike”, SENSATIONS.

2 Likes

you’re so funny james.

1 Like

dont u start rolu

Just an update: Blakey enabled me into some C11 shakes to get me all shimergoed.

Now back to CAAD10 frothing.

im very pleased Caad10 revival was the catalyst for this blessed union.

1 Like