Camp Food

If you could be stuffed mixing up DIY Soylent you can get like 2500 kcal in < 500g and all you gotta do is mix with water

ziploc of oats and things (nuts/seeds/fruits) soaked overnight in *-milk, eat cold or porridge it in the morning before you make coffee

miso upon arrival at campsite after a crappy day is a great morale booster

somewhere between Zach & WCP: instant indian boil in the bag meals with either a rice bag or some couscous/quinoa, some brands are oilier than others.

Oooo yeah, curry in a bag. Easy as. I often feel like I’d like more though, so cook extra rice. I rate this brand:

eggplant and chickpeas!

1.5 to 2 each, plus rice/etc.

tin of coles baked beans,

Just chuck it on the fire, when it explodes it’s ready to eat.

Go on, admit it, you’ve done it before…

Perfect timing.

Looking at servings of Cous Cous and foil pack fish portions as a staple. I have read Tilda rice is a good as a minimal prep option. Also foil packaged Hienz beans is another option but isn’t light or compact…

Or tasty. Salt salt salt.

Not keen on flavoured cous cous personally. I find it’s usually way over flavoured. Tilda rice is OK, but cooking up basmati is pretty easy to buy, dose and cook.

I always just use the plain Cous Cous.

Boil water, poor over the the Cous Cous till covered, put a lid on it and let sit 5 minutes. Run a fork through it and it’s done…

Add dried fruit (sultanas, apricots) and salt to cous cous before soaking, then fry some veges and almonds and top with yoghurt/hummus.

Bagels for lunch/brekky- energy dense and don’t crush.

Premaid rice with flavourings is good, I don’t mind uncle bens mexican add avocado and tomato.

Pasta, add fancy (capsicum,tomato, garlic, onion) dried veges just before its al dente.

P.s. carrots are good as they don’t crush and stay good for a long time, also avo’s, buy one ripe one almost ripe and one a bit less ripe, time them to ripen as you ride/walk.

Along these lines; onions, tomatos and potato all last well without refrigeration.

Sorry for the thread hijack, still on topic though. What do you guys do for coffee? We’re taking real coffee. No instant!

Billy coffee or aeropress

Coffee bags, like a tea bag for ultra lightweight option.

Start new thread! YAY!

coldbrew concentrate - SO or GTFO

nope

I took a single shot moka pot and a coke can metho burner on my way to sydney. worked well. took grinds though, sorry snobs.

GSI Ultralight Java Drip. I use it at home too.

Or just hobo it.

Pete speaks the truth.