Capo

Were you at the MCM car meet at Docklands a couple weeks ago?

^Yes.

Thought the bike looked familiar, I was cruising around taking a few photos. Bike looks awesome in the flesh

Awesome, got a link to your photos?
I like going to those meets by bike, little less stressful than trying to get in and out in a car!

57 Track on eBay. Can’t you just run a 200mm stem? :slight_smile:

Only a couple, there were so many cameras and people it was nearly impossible to get a clear shot of some of the cars. I’ll post a link once I edit them. Definitely riding to the next one, drove with a mate. It was a nightmare getting in and out.

Swuzzle, I’m keeping an eye on it but probably wouldn’t buy it to ride. Maybe to buy and flip for a profit though! :wink:

Tanny, look forward to seeing them, always a good selection of cars at those meets.
The last meet, it took a friend 45minutes to get out of the car park, so he rode in with me and loved it. Conveniently was a nice night as well. Come and say hello if you see me at the next!
I might drive my car to a meet one day, say hello if you see me in my Civic also!

I’ve been riding this bike heaps this year and it has transformed into a single speed commuter over the past few months.

Shimano 105 brakes.
Dicta freewheel (not great, will buy a WI one day)
Some standard catalogue complete wheels I got second hand.
Clip on rear guard, the front won’t fit.

I have another track frame and fork arriving in the next week, which will be built up for #SOTB, I think I’ll keep the Cannondale SS for commuting duties.

nice mocs, adhesive brake cable guides would clean it up nicely =)

Very good idea Jase.
I was unsure if I’d like the SS brake life, but it has been great.

I had a very short period where I was going to sell this bike, but it is all I’ve ridden for maybe 6 weeks and I love it.
The bike handled funny out of the saddle, so after changing bars and headsets etc, I changed out the front wheel and it resolved the problem. Unsure of how long a China carbon wheel is supposed to last, but I didn’t want to find out which day it was going to fail, though it shows no visible signs. Still running the China carbon rear wheel, had to replace one spoke.

These photos aren’t upside down on Flickr, not sure what is going on there. Just turn your screen upside down.

20171205_170401 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr
I have also gone from 51:19 to 51:17, so I’m not spinning out so much on the commute. Feels quick.
20171207_165204 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr

Moccos is the the true pioneer. aways comes back to the fixie dream where it all began.

Moccos, making fixie great again. Merry #sotb

I’ve had a creak the past few days which I’ve pin pointed down to when I’m sitting down. Does not happen when I’m standing up.
Then I gave the frame a once over and found this little blemish. I’m sure I’ve seen it before, but don’t think it was this long.
I changed out seat posts to make sure it wasn’t that, and creaking noise remains.
Think this is the beginning of the end for the Capo!?
You can’t ‘feel’ the crack with your finger nail, but the clear coat on this frame is really good.
20180309_074724 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr

Damnnnnnnn. Classic fail spot for a smoothed weld

Reading this sad news on the tram. Look out the window to think wistfully about the fixie days and what do I see? The very same Capo locked up on Swanston. All dreams die.

Is there any hope for it, doctor?!?
Is there a cure for such a thing?

Just remember this day as a great day, as next week there will be a boring Crosslight in the same spot.

I’m really upset about all this.

2018-03-09_08-51-17 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr

This read like a poem, so I tried to haiku-ise it. Really struggled.

Read the news on tram.
Wistful thought, a glance outside.
Dreams and Capo die.

Does this mean fixies are truly ded?

I just sold my only sw8 fixie last week, so yes.