Capo

this could well be the end.

^ Again.

It’s OK, the clear coat is holding it together.

It’ll never be over!!
Just might have a few hurdles between now and the ‘end’!

I was going to call Gripsport, but as of YESTERDAY! they aren’t repairing frames.

this is a sign from the almighty track lords.

Try Roderunner: http://www.roderunner.com.au/our-services/repairs-painting/

Thank you.
Have emailed through a photo and some words.

They offer various “SERVICE’S”…ffs…

Have dropped the frame off at Rode Runner, who says it won’t be an issue to fix it.
Don’t throw out your carabiners and green Deep Vs just yet!

It’s happening.

Picked the Capo up from Rode Runner this afternoon.
It was welded up last week, but he asked if I wanted him to clear coat it as some had gone yellow due to the heat. I had no idea how well I could match it up myself, so let him have a go at it. If I knew the results, I probably would have just left it yellowed.
At least now it is sealed from the elements.
The weld is far from good looking, though I figure it will never break at that point.
Some photos of the weld.
20180328_171359 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr
20180328_171404 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr
20180328_171355 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr

And built up, as per usual.
Happy to have it back, will ride it to work tomorrow.
20180328_182212 by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr

Review on Rode Runner

• Very easy to deal with, good communication throughout.
  • Work, while not cosmetically great, should be suitable at holding the frame together. As it was off the original weld, I’m not sure what could be done, except maybe welding it and then grinding it down. That’d just create the same issue in the future?

^ Cool. I saw a few repairs come out of Gripsport, and yours looks elegant by comparison!

Having had similar done (inc a gusset) to the Bullitt where it had a crack around the seat tube/seatstay/top tube junction, yours looks fine.

Did they re heat treat the frame after the weld?
Also it doesn’t look to bad at all and it is a fixxay I’m sure people will appreciate how hardcore cracking a frame is and hail you king of the fixxay and rightly so.

I’m not sure if it is good or bad that there are worse repairs than this!!
Just to be clear though, I have no issues with it.

Whatever, I would assume that is why there were so many heat marks on the clear coat. We did discuss what the frame was made of and that he’d treat it appropriately. Also does have a warranty, so I figure its always good when someone backs up their work like that!