Cinelli race bike

yeah I can see what has happened once I cut it open, just a bad egg I guess.
These things happen every now and then.

Juila Gillard and this thread are totally putting me off carbon

^ Ha! Wouldn’t that be a great question at one of those political forums, “I own a carbon road bike, will I need to pay more tax?”

No way, your carbon frame is a carbon sink and the government should be paying you for taking carbon out of the atmos.

In the last month i know of this cinelli a top of the range Look, a Pinerello or three and a Cannondale all cracked or snapPed.
The look and the pinerello are on their third replacement.

nice bike and all, and it’s a shame that you cracked the frame. Hopefully the replacement goes trouble free… but I still don’t understand the need/desire to re-badge a component with another manufacturers logo when it isn’t their product. If the blue Cane Creek decals didn’t match anything, why not get them re made in White? The Campy rim decals don’t match either, as you’re not running any Campy components on it.

I’m just a tad puzzled.

Or just run the wheels with no decals at all. I’m surprised at how excited roadie dudes get for branding on their parts.

ftfy.

I like my bikes like my skin, free of decals and branding!

I seriously love carbon rims without decals, so stealth.

Except for the hollow whiring sound… can’t sneak up on anyone. :slight_smile:

This is to be admired.

But then how are your mates at the cafe gonna know the difference between China ebay rims and Campagnolo? :slight_smile:
But yes, totally agree with you.

easy buy lightweights…

I’ve seen a bunch of people buying Reynolds Attacks and just leaving the sticker at the valve hole, classy yet still identifiable… Infact Benzy has done this on his CX rig.

Sorry this thread has become so sidetracked.

the branding on Lightweights is even worse that the shitty Cane Creek logo. Pretty sure it was designed in MS Word. by a 70 year old. who got a computer last week. Srsly, if i expected ppl to buy expensive shit off me, i’d put a bit of thought into how it looked (not to mention how it operates in the case of the OP).